"Judge me after 10 games"

trooper

He needs to be starting, we can't afford to be writing of £13m players quite so quickly.

Seen there's apparently an obligation for Marseille to buy Cabella?

I understand the merits of buying an out of form player with bags of potential, in principle. And I agree that we should give him time and support in the hope he rediscovers his form and makes good on his potential. That said I, Fishstradamus, predict he's never going to make it at NUFC.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think he's knew his starting line up till after the Chelsea game, so you could argue his preferred team haven't played together yet against the lesser sides. I reckon the first half against the Manc arabs will have opened his eyes a bit as will the twenty minute collapse. There's little chance he'll drop Sissoko, mores the pity, and he won't be sold for a profit sitting on the bench which must be the ultimate goal for both player and fans.

I think Mitro's suspension stuffed things up a bit. I think Mitro is exactly the sort of player we need at the moment too, so that is a positive going into the next lot of games. So yeah maybe you're right. I'm still not expecting much. There's only so many times you can be burnt by busted expectations of us carrying a positive performance against a top side into the next week against weaker opposition.

He needs to be starting, we can't afford to be writing of £13m players quite so quickly.

Totally agree. Thauvin may not make it, but he deserves a proper chance to prove otherwise.

Every time you are selected you are getting a chance.If you cannot be arsed to run around you cannot say you were not given a chance.Thauvin,like Shitsoko and Cisse,has took the piss in the Premier League so far.I'm a tad worried that he's going to be another foreign twat who is more than happy to enjoy his first well paid 5 year contract whether he is in the team or not.

Every time you are selected you are getting a chance.If you cannot be arsed to run around you cannot say you were not given a chance.Thauvin,like Shitsoko and Cisse,has took the piss in the Premier League so far.I'm a tad worried that he's going to be another foreign twat who is more than happy to enjoy his first well paid 5 year contract whether he is in the team or not.

You don't get a £13m move to the Premier league, represent France at every level, win young player of the year and that if you don't have a bit more ambition than securing a 5 year contract at an also-ran team in the North East of England.

He's clearly going to need more than the 3 games he's had if he's going to show us more. Especially if those games entailed Papiss Cisse as a lone striker ambling about and no ambition from the team to attack in any numbers whatsoever.

He might continue to be a shit Cabella, but Cabella got a season to show fuck all, that's the least Thauvin should get.

Why was Ranger not an English twat, just a twat, but Thauvin is a foreign twat?

304.gif

Check yourself

I wasn't aware calling someone a foreign person a twat was racist.Yes a french/english/scottish etc.Sorry if i've offended anyone.

You haven't, you mackem twat

I heard at the weekend that McClaren has told Carr to stay away from French players from now on as he doesn't feel they have the right amount of fight that we need. Personally I think I would have to agree with that after witnessing Sissoko's gutless displays. But then you would have to ask why Sissoko is still getting a game if it's true. Maybe Howmanheyman has hit the nail on the head there though.

I was also told that Thauvin was just about in tears after the Watford game. Apparently he couldn't believe the pace and physicallity of the game.

That's not great to hear... there's a part of me that thinks he should suck it up anyway, but at the same time it's not like he would have had as deep an understanding of the way the league was played as those who signed him, so if we're looking to attribute blame...

All the more reason to persist with him and give him a chance - if it's that much of a change to what he's used to, he's going to need some time to adjust. He might never get there, but you don't spend £13m to pack in on him after a few games.

Fully agree with that, I suspect patience may be a little thin after the failure of Cabella though.

That said, since his name came up in another thread, I don't recall Debuchy having this sort of problem.

I think we'd do better with the French league purchases if we focused on players like Cabaye and Grenier rather than silky wingers who have to be utterly amazing in order to work out here.

Hopefully we're going to focus attentions on a slightly wider spread of nations now though.

Same goes for Cabella tbf, it was fucking ludicrous that we got rid of him when we did. I think it depends more on the individual rather than just them coming from the same league.

He's finished.

;)

Same goes for Cabella tbf, it was fucking ludicrous that we got rid of him when we did. I think it depends more on the individual rather than just them coming from the same league.

What I always find mental is they fucked Cabella off and seem to have put Thauvin at the bottom of the list after a small amount of appearances yet are still persisting with Gabriel Obertan after four years. Now with Sissoko making noises about leaving I'd just let Thauvin have a run of games, I understand McClaren is trying to use Sissoko wanting to leave to motivate him but the fucker hasn't bothered his arse for nearly the entire time he has been here.

Maybe what they learned from Obertan is that they can't persist with a player and prove he has nothing to offer, because if they do that, they end up stuck paying the wages on a long contract.

If a player doesn't hit the ground running like mbemba or Mitrovic or Wijnaldum, limit their playing time and get rid at the earliest opportunity in order to recoup as much as possible and reinvest.