Paris

Christmas Tree

Apparently the bomber at the Stade De France had a ticket but was refused entry.

That could have been absolutely horrific.

Fuck... we'd have been talking about that for the rest of our lives if it had gone down...

Why was he turned away? Presumably they didn't find the bomb?

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck... we'd have been talking about that for the rest of our lives if it had gone down...

Why was he turned away? Presumably they didn't find the bomb?

He was frisked and they found he was wearing an explosives vest. As he was backing away from security, he detonated it.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/attacker-tried-to-enter-paris-stadium-but-was-turned-away-1447520571

Apparently the bomber at the Stade De France had a ticket but was refused entry.

That could have been absolutely horrific.

What would have happened? Ran on the pitch and taken out some players live on TV? I think you could kill just as many fans near the turnstiles, if not more.

Nick was from Colchester.

When anyone started running they would shoot them down. So we got down on the floor. I was afraid whenever I heard a step behind me... they machine-gunned everybody.

Nick was in front of me when we were lying on the ground and somebody moved and they just turned round and started shooting us.

His back was to me and I couldnt see what happened and I tried to keep him talking and then I tried to give him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and they [the gunmen] were just sort of in the shadows and they would shoot if anyone said anything.

Then he couldnt breathe any more and I held him in my arms and told him I loved him. He was the love of my life.

Renton you're coming across as a bit of a tit today. Most people are trying to have a reasoned discussion on what's happened, what's contributed to it and what the future holds. You're just poking random people, being contrary and not having much of an opinion yourself. Chill out man

Reuters reporting there are heavily armed police surrounding the Pullman hotel in Paris and the Eiffel tower area is presently being evacuated. Hopefully this is all precautionary.

Renton you're coming across as a bit of a tit today. Most people are trying to have a reasoned discussion on what's happened, what's contributed to it and what the future holds. You're just poking random people, being contrary and not having much of an opinion yourself. Chill out man

No, I'm really not poking random people, not even you. Where have I been contrary? And as you know, I do have an opinion to the cause of this, but admittedly no solutions. Do you have any?

Again, I think you have a bit of a cheek personally to criticise me like this when your first response to this last night was to blame Cameron. I'll leave it at that.

It's more applying a blanket opinion based on religion, or political belief as well as race. Like all Australians are convicts. Or all Muslims are potential terrorists and should be deported. There's a few articles out there discussing the evolution of the term 'racist' from its original usage solely dealing with a persons race to now incorporating the aforementioned elements

So how does criticism of somebody's belief in an idea equate to racial bigotry?

I can see how criticism of Aussies as convicts, or Kiwis as sheep shaggers, could be equated to racism if you're a massive pussy.

What does the criticism of an idea have to do with racism? Or bigotry?

It's more applying a blanket opinion based on religion.

Here. You can't apply blanket statements to religion? Can I question a religious person's ability to reason? Can I question a religious person's ability to act with sound morality? Can I discuss the likelihood of a death obsessed religion giving rise to a death cult? Are these taboo? Am I bigoted for questioning people's beliefs and what actions those beliefs are likely to manifest? Many liberals would make exactly that argument, which leads me to this: You chose to blame Western governments for terrorism first and foremost, yet, despite the popular Liberalist taboo against recognising the bleeding obvious, the fundamental cause remains as religion.

So how does criticism of somebody's belief in an idea equate to racial bigotry?

I can see how criticism of Aussies as convicts, or Kiwis as sheep shaggers, could be equated to racism if you're a massive pussy.

What does the criticism of an idea have to do with racism? Or bigotry?

It wasn't criticism of a belief that he thought was racist though, was it? It was the notion that we should close the borders to people fleeing ISIS because they're all potential terrorists.

It's not even a nuanced difference it's clear as day. Criticism of religious dogma and persecution is brilliant and should be encouraged. Persecution of whole populations of people based on their religion or that of their leaders is heinous and SHOULD correctly be called out.