Crystal Palace v Newcastle United - Saturday 28th November 3pm Kick-Off

Haydnator

Indeed. You can guarantee Charnley hasn't got a clue about it

The infuriating thing about this (even though there are a fucking load of infuriating things about NUFC) is that Newcastle United would be a dream project for an ambitious, young(ish) manager, like Rodgers and his sort of compeers, to rebuild a club into a force again, getting fans excited for matchdays who haven't been exicted for a long, long time, build a competitive squad and perhaps, even become a legend. We've all heard and we all probably agree the Newcastle United are probably one of the biggest 'sleeping giants' in world football right now.

How the fuck can a manager do that^ under this ownership and structure and why would anyone want to work under this ownership and in this structure? Pardew: sacked by a then League 1 Southampton (< says a lot that doesn't it) and somehow given the NUFC job by his mates after the wonderful job Chris Hughton did. Carver appointed to save cash, and it almost backfired on the cunts in a massive way. McClaren, even though I do like him as a bloke and I do think he gets the club, and he wants to play decent football, how does someone who's side imploded in the Championship get the right to be the next Newcastle United manager? Like ffs man...

Edited by Haydnator

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashleys biggest faux pas imo is to surround himself with lightweight football people. On the board we have Charnley (clueless yes man/adminstrator), Moncur (dinosaur yes man), Carr (septaguarian chief scout) and McClaren. There's a dearth of modern footballing expertise there for making key decisions like managerial appointments and most of them are Ashley yes men.

It's telling to me that we haven't appointed a single foreign coach in all of Ashleys tenure. All of them have been experienced English coaches which dooms us to mediocrity in most cases. Shearer was the only attempt at appointing a young manager and that was in the most challenging of circumstances. We have zero chance of appointing a young manager with potential with the current lot in charge. As for finding a Wenger or a Klopp before they hit the big time, forget it.

Agree with you Hayd, I am still gutted about how they treated Hughton, I'm fairly confident we'd be a better club if we just hadn't rid of him and had him up until now. I don't give a fuck if we're in league one if I can watch the games, and support them without feeling like a total fuckin mug.

Still think everyone's being harsh on McLaren like. He's still above what I thought was in our reach. I hope he gets to stay no matter what for at least 24 months. Like I've said a million times before, my own view is no fucker can do any better with these players, recruitment strategy and board. Seeing Keegan this year just made it even more so, he said so so much more than I've ever heard , when he knew theres no media allowed in the room.

Edited by scoobos

Ashleys biggest faux pas imo is to surround himself with lightweight football people. On the board we have Charnley (clueless yes man/adminstrator), Moncur (dinosaur yes man), Carr (septaguarian chief scout) and McClaren. There's a dearth of modern footballing expertise there for making key decisions like managerial appointments and most of them are Ashley yes men.

It's telling to me that we haven't appointed a single foreign coach in all of Ashleys tenure. All of them have been experienced English coaches which dooms us to mediocrity in most cases. Shearer was the only attempt at appointing a young manager and that was in the most challenging of circumstances. We have zero chance of appointing a young manager with potential with the current lot in charge. As for finding a Wenger or a Klopp before they hit the big time, forget it.

Yeah a young, ambitious, upcoming manager is the last the mongs running the club would do. We all know that Ashley and Charnley, and Llambias before him all don't have the slightest clue about football, but why can't they look at clubs like Swansea, or the best example imo, Southampton. Look at where Southampton are now. All stems from the foundations laid down by Pochettino, who is one of the best managers in the PL right now imo, and now built upon by Koeman. I don't understand why they can't look at the structure Southampton has and think 'we could do that'.

I know that the main thing Ashley cares about is publicity for his vile company, but if we got back to the level which Southampton are at now (edge of Europa League places, 6th-9th) would he not think he could get more publicity for SD as SJP could be in European competition? Which would be good for fans (European football), the Club, and the publicity for SD as it would be shown in Europe. We all know the bullshit we have heard the cretin say in the past but, he said in that interview that scraping a Champions League place would count as winning a trophy to him. What would Europa League count as to him then? An issue because he would have to invest in squad depth?

Agree with you Hayd, I am still gutted about how they treated Hughton, I'm fairly confident we'd be a better club if we just hadn't rid of him and had him up until now. I don't give a fuck if we're in league one if I can watch the games, and support them without feeling like a total fuckin mug.

Still think everyone's being harsh on McLaren like. He's still above what I thought was in our reach. I hope he gets to stay no matter what for at least 24 months. Like I've said a million times before, my own view is no fucker can do any better with these players, recruitment strategy and board. Seeing Keegan this year just made it even more so, he said so so much more than I've ever heard , when he knew theres no media allowed in the room.

Yeah the Hughton years, both in the Championship and the spell he had with us in the PL was probably the best time I've had supporting NUFC besides 2011/12. (So sorry if I have made people feel old again)

Just thinking about under Hughton in the PL, will we ever have a team again that would be capable of digging out a win at Arsenal like we did? Or finally beating the mackems 1-0 never mind bloody 5-1.

He doesn't want anyone back chatting him, man. He's not spending anymore of his money and he doesn't want any grief a la Keegan and tribunals. That's it, basically. Stay in the league and if it looks desperate he might sanction an extra signing. He's a cunt. That's it, no more, no less.

He doesn't want anyone back chatting him, man. He's not spending anymore of his money and he doesn't want any grief a la Keegan and tribunals. That's it, basically. Stay in the league and if it looks desperate he might sanction an extra signing. He's a cunt. That's it, no more, no less.

This, he wants Prem status with the minimum amount of effort and investment possible. Why appoint an ambitious manager and then back him? Aye we would finish higher in the table and play better footy but he couldn't give a fuck about that, he was clearly confident that bringing in an average manager and some signings would be enough to paper over the deeper problems the club has, it looks to have cost him this time.

I don't really think it matters who our manager is at this stage. We all know the type of appointment that will be made if and when McClaren is sacked. We might strech to someone like Moyes but whereas he might be a success with other clubs he woudl't be here now. The club is being left to rot with policies that Ashley has put in place. The players who aren't just either hopeless or gutless from the start, can see the lack of interest and soon fall into that pattern themselves. There's only so much you can get out of a workforce with so little motivation. It would take a massive uturn from Ashley to convince anyone that he's serious about making anything of the club but the fact is, he isn't interested at all. You can only succeed at doing the bare minimum for so long then it bites you in the arse and I fancy that's what will happen to us this season.