Televisions

Christmas Tree

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My update (just for anyone going through the same mind numbing process now or Shortly)

4K / UHD is out: Broadcasters havent finalised the exact specs as to how this is broadcast meaning your 4K / UHD tv may not be able to actually play the standard version from the likes of Sky or BBC when they start using it. (Betamax v VHS scenario). Also there are hardly any programmes available to watch right now.

48 - 50 inch: Our lass says size matters. Having measured up we are actually about 11 - 12 foot away from the TV. Still to close for a 48 incher according to most guides, but fuck them.

Im now down to five models.

Sony

KDL50W756CSU £609

KDL50W755CBU £609

Panasonic

TX50CS520B £519

Samsung

UE48H6400 £499

LG

49LF630V £549

Edited by Christmas Tree

I thought that was poppers and sweet-talk.

I was embarrassingly chucked out of a club a couple of years ago for doing poppers at the bar, the bouncer dragged me outside and threw me on the ground shouting "It's not the eighties anymore!" :lol:

I would get a projector setup if i had the space/cash, but i only really watch films/documentaries, not had a telly for years. Agree with the comment about people not knowing the difference between SD & HD, it's the same in loads of pubs as well, does my head in. And why does everyone seem to fuck about with the colour settings to make everything they watch look like TV-AM?