Sign in to follow this  
Kid Dynamite

Forcing Souness out?

Newcastle will appoint a director of football to operate above Graeme Souness if he refuses to resign in the next 24 hours. (News of the World)

Good move I reckon, takes the running of the team away from him effectively and saves shelling out 5mil in compo. Hopefully hel take a huff and leave anyway. Wonder who we are after.

As it happens I've always liked Venables. Seems to get respect from the players and motivates them well. England played some of their best football under him imo.

I'd take him until the end of the season and we know he gets on with Big Al which unfortunately is a major factor in any manager coming here as he's the king of the castle so to speak

I can't say that the idea of Venables blows my hair back but I'd take anyone over Souness right now.

I detest Venables as a manager. Crafty Cock-er-ney spiv. Full of sound bites and that's it. Popular with players because he lets them do as they please. Will show how low we've sunk if this chancer is being considered.

I detest Venables as a manager. Crafty Cock-er-ney spiv. Full of sound bites and that's it. Popular with players because he lets them do as they please. Will show how low we've sunk if this chancer is being considered.

83060[/snapback]

Agreed. He only gets rated because of Euro 96.

Guest alex
Sack Souness tomorrow, and give Venables a 6 month contract seems a half decent option.

83102[/snapback]

Half right.

SSN will be live from there within the hour. Just showed you Boss Hog going in, trying to push the door instead of pull, and this is the man in charge of our club

83309[/snapback]

:(