Holidays 2021 (lol)

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Sat here on my hotel bed pretending to canoe

Anyone else posted that, I’d say they were taking the piss… 

… totally believe Mr. Tumble here did this, probably with his tongue hanging out the side of his maw. 

• Haha 2
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did Slight Side and Scafell from Eskdale this morning. I expect to ge walking like John Wayne for the next day or 3.   

on the north of islay by ardnave which is basically 2 houses and a farm. took the dogs for a walk and spotted what looked like a dead sheep on its back all four legs pointed skywards with 2 lambs stoo

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

So today, left Balloch, via Oban to Fort William. This is me on the way back across the bridge after setting foot on Ben Nevis. :) 

F7F996BA-9FFA-489E-AC83-E83522A84D7A.jpeg

Let me know if there's still a Victoria Wine and an InterSport in Fort William. I'm sure those daft shites just haven't heard they've gone bust yet. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Let me know if there's still a Victoria Wine and an InterSport in Fort William. I'm sure those daft shites just haven't heard they've gone bust yet. 

Can’t say I noticed either? Trudged around the town trying to find binoculars but nobody sold them. 

Glad you're enjoying it CT. Take a trip down Glan Nevis and visit Steall falls if you can, magnificent.  And have a pint at the Clachaig in Glen Coe. Scenery doesn't get much better. Well actually it does even further North but then civilisation also runs out, so swings and roundabouts I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Glad you're enjoying it CT. Take a trip down Glan Nevis and visit Steall falls if you can, magnificent.  And have a pint at the Clachaig in Glen Coe. Scenery doesn't get much better. Well actually it does even further North but then civilisation also runs out, so swings and roundabouts I guess. 

Aye, I’ve stayed in Glen Nevis a few times over the years and had some lovely walks a mile or two further up the Glen. However my favourite part is going North after Ullapool. Highlands on steroids up there.

Sat by a loch today off the beaten track. Chairs out the boot, kettle on the stove and just spen a blissful hour with no one around while the fish jumped and a seal played just 20 yards away.

Absolute bliss and soul lifting. 

• 3 weeks later...

Who knew Yorkshire was this nice? We've been lucky with the weather, but the villages around here are all class looking, little stream running through them, stone houses, all that shit. 

Everyone in Yorkshire sounds like they're complaining though, no matter what they're talking about. 

It's no wonder they churn out so many endurance athletes though. Mint countryside, windy roads, and the constant need to escape the sound of complaint in the air. 

• Haha 5

Who knew Yorkshire was this nice? We've been lucky with the weather, but the villages around here are all class looking, little stream running through them, stone houses, all that shit. 

Everyone in Yorkshire sounds like they're complaining though, no matter what they're talking about. 

It's no wonder they churn out so many endurance athletes though. Mint countryside, windy roads, and the constant need to escape the sound of complaint in the air. 

Primrose valley?

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Primrose valley?

Nah were about 10 miles north of Helmsley in the North York Moors National Park. The "village" we're in is about 5 houses and a pub at the bottom of a valley. 

We went for lunch in this old pub in Appleton- Le-Moors earlier today. This yorkshire bloke in his late 50s turns up, all walking geared up, about 10 minutes after they've finished serving food, and asks if he can still get something to eat. The barman kindly says he'll ask the chef and the chef agrees they'll sort him out with some food after he fucking moans on about how he's been walking 20 miles etc. 

This cunt sits at a table and five minutes later, without even turning his head to look at the bar, shouts seemingly to the whole bar, "Ready to order now!" 

As it turns out there's no one at the bar, so the head shaking starts from this miserable twat. At this point, the barman walks back in and cunto pipes up, "I SAID I'm ready to order now!". Then when the barman goes over, before he's even had the chance to ask what the bloke wants, he tells him "I didn't expect to be sitting this long waiting to order!" 

I couldn't fucking believe what I was hearing. :lol:

• Haha 3
30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We went for lunch in this old pub in Appleton- Le-Moors earlier today. This yorkshire bloke in his late 50s turns up, all walking geared up, about 10 minutes after they've finished serving food, and asks if he can still get something to eat. The barman kindly says he'll ask the chef and the chef agrees they'll sort him out with some food after he fucking moans on about how he's been walking 20 miles etc. 

This cunt sits at a table and five minutes later, without even turning his head to look at the bar, shouts seemingly to the whole bar, "Ready to order now!" 

As it turns out there's no one at the bar, so the head shaking starts from this miserable twat. At this point, the barman walks back in and cunto pipes up, "I SAID I'm ready to order now!". Then when the barman goes over, before he's even had the chance to ask what the bloke wants, he tells him "I didn't expect to be sitting this long waiting to order!" 

I saw an older wife in tears trying to park, take it she hit a bollard and her old husband getting irate outside making things 100 times worse for the panicking auld dear shouting he was going to go home etc. She kept reversing out and every time he was getting more and more stressed. It was a disabled spot and it was a canny sized car, not sure she could see properly and felt like shouting over to the bloke to pipe down and do it himself.

A beautiful county ruined by the locals 

• Haha 3

When I went camping near Helmsley the other week it was about 30c and the farmer that owned the site was driving around telling off kids for filling their water pistols up :lol: 

• Haha 2

Not Yorkshire but close enough in my eyes, mate asked for a bag of chips and a can of pop at Oldham, lass looked at him and give it the 'Ya wot, luv?' he said it again and she gave him a bag of chips and a tin of beans so you can add thick as fuck to tight as fuck. :lol:

• Haha 5
42 minutes ago, NJS said:

They really don't like it but I consider Yorkshire and Lancashire to be occupied by the same sub-species. 

From my experience Lancs think everything and everywhere is shit, Yorks think everything and everywhere else is shit.

• Haha 1
On 18/08/2021 at 16:38, Gemmill said:

That's because we are always complaining.

• Haha 1