What is actually wrong with Haidara anyway? I don't think he's played for about a year or something, is he always just injured?

What is actually wrong with Haidara anyway? I don't think he's played for about a year or something, is he always just injured?

Haidara.png

I really hope we sign a new one but I doubt we will. I think Clark was our last defensive recruit which is the most disapointing thing about his signing for me.

There's rumours about Galloway from Everton who'd be ridiculous in the Championship imo.

There's rumours about Galloway from Everton who'd be ridiculous in the Championship imo.

Aye I saw that. He looked good at the start of last season for them. I'd be happy to see him here.

Haidara.png

Is that all following on from that horror tackle from Mcmanaman (the first of the three knee injuries I think) or am I misremembering? Is it just bad luck?

Edited by Rayvin

Is that all following on from that horror tackle from Mcmanaman (the first of the three knee injuries I think) or am I misremembering? Is it just bad luck?

No, you're right http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2294944/Callum-McManaman-horror-tackle-Massadio-Haidara-Linesman-Matthew-Wilkes-view-incident.html

He must fucking hate the guy. That tackle clearly was every bit as bad as we thought it was - assuming the follow up issues are recurrences of the same issue, anyway.

Assault, plain and simple. Gets worse every time you watch it, I cannot believe Martinez defended that hatchet job of a tackle or the scum who made it. I remember that match now. They scored a late winner from a handball. Everything about that game was terrible.

Dave Whelan defending him despite not long before that bemoaning the tackle that saw Whelan himself miss the cup final back when he was a player.

At least he's generally looked at positions that need strengthening.

Really worrying that we're still playing a back 4 that could have started last season though.  Still look as shambolic against the weaker teams in this division.

Is he the one bringing players in?

We're not still asking that question are we? I think it's obvious these are his players. From what Hayden said when he signed, Rafa knew all about him.

We're not still asking that question are we? I think it's obvious these are his players. From what Hayden said when he signed, Rafa knew all about him.

I'll never completely trust Ashley.

I hope and assume they're his players.  I'm just not entirely sure what's more worrying, that the club might be foisting players on him, or that he's spent over £10m on defenders and has been unable to add anyone capable of breaking into what was an abysmal back line anyway.

I'll never completely trust Ashley.

I hope and assume they're his players.  I'm just not entirely sure what's more worrying, that the club might be foisting players on him, or that he's spent over £10m on defenders and has been unable to add anyone capable of breaking into what was an abysmal back line anyway.

Our defence was looking a lot more secure at the end of last season under Benitez when Lascelles was brought in. So in that sense I can understand why there's not been much in the way of changes. Like I mentioned on another thread, we still have a lot of players who have been here for the last two seasons when we've been awful. Their confidence is still low and their heads are dropping easily. I think he should look at bring in Gamez into the back four. After spending the last two seasons with Athletico you would assume his confidence would be a lot higher than the rest. I'm surprised we've seen nothing of him so far but I can't imagine it will be long before we do.

Of course getting Dummett out of the team has to be a priority.