Yes Gemmill...

catmag

46 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Toonpack jumped in his Beamer and left- thread done, no follow on. 

Wide of the mark

Just now, Meenzer said:

Metro Radio (in a few hours). End of an era/error #gettothosephones

Where am I going to whip out my wotsit, now?

By a very strange coincidence I saw an old looking Russ Williams, once a DJ of metro radio on one of those fan YouTube videos this afternoon, (Tottenham fan). 

All I can recall about Metro is Alan Robson's "hot and heavy" as well as countless "specials" about ghosts, Mr Rahman's zips and, well that's it. Thought it finished 2 decades ago tbh. 

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

If you were still at school the morning after that episode of Boys from the Blackstuff came out you’ll know the power of a time when we only had 4 TV channels :lol: Not to do him the disrespect of just limiting his achievements to that, he was a great actor. Played Lech Walesa in a sort of biopic. RIP Bernard :rip:

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

He played a great part (also very much of its time) in Shirley Valentine too. Also, he was superb as the Duke of Norfolk in Wolf Hall. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

RIP. 

8p2g3f.jpg

Who can forget when he planted the flag in Fenerbace’s centre spot? 

That scene with Souness :lol: genuinely funny and threatening and sad and pathetic all at the same time 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

That scene with Souness :lol: genuinely funny and threatening and sad and pathetic all at the same time 

When Bleasdale wrote that scene it was Keegan who was the Liverpool player. He left in 1977 so the player and the dialogue was changed. Fuckin class all the same 

• Like 3