Junior doctors' strike

ewerk

Yeah, the first ever all out doctors strike is merely a straight forward pay dispute. Despite what the politicians say. Despite what the media says. Despite what those of us on here who work for the nhs are telling you.

You are either one monumentally thick cunt or just a cunt full stop. I'll be charitable and go with the former on past evidence.

I'm going on what the BMA say.

Take your head out of your arse, put down the morning star and you might learn something.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're enjoying this. That much is clear. We'll see how funny it is when you need medical care in 10 years time.

Hope he ends up at my place. That'll be fun! :D

You're enjoying this. That much is clear. We'll see how funny it is when you need medical care in 10 years time.

Only thing I'm enjoying is the hysteria, ignorance and school yard insults. The threads about why the doctors are striking. I've not detailed it one bit. Just argued the same correct point.

As usual the mask slips from some of you lot and inner cunt appears.

Only thing I'm enjoying is the hysteria, ignorance and school yard insults. The threads about why the doctors are striking. I've not detailed it one bit. Just argued the same correct point.

As usual the mask slips from some of you lot and inner cunt appears.

As opposed to the outer cunt in you which manifests itself most the time.

Yeah, the first ever all out doctors strike is merely a straight forward pay dispute. Despite what the politicians say. Despite what the media says. Despite what those of us on here who work for the nhs are telling you.

You are either one monumentally thick cunt or just a cunt full stop. I'll be charitable and go with the former on past evidence.

I'm sorry but you're wrong. There may be other justifiable grievances within the NHS, I'm not denying that, but this strike has been called on the basis that the two sides cannot agree on pay. This is something that the government and BMA have both stated so I've no idea why you are getting so worked up about someone stating just that.

Only thing I'm enjoying is the hysteria, ignorance and school yard insults.

:lol:

"You know fuck all about it".

Then bother to learn about it before you spout off on the internet you cretin. No excuse. The strike is about money. That's why the union pulled out of talks.

"People dying because they can't pay their NHS bills".

Fuck me, walk the dog you utter moron :lol:

Why you talking about yourself? [/purposefullyandenjoyablychildish]

I'm sorry but you're wrong. There may be other justifiable grievances within the NHS, I'm not denying that, but this strike has been called on the basis that the two sides cannot agree on pay. This is something that the government and BMA have both stated so I've no idea why you are getting so worked up about someone stating just that.

It's about much more than pay, it's about paying doctors less at the weekends which is a de facto change in terms and conditions.

The issue, which we've discussed, is the so called 7 day NHS. Everyone knows to achieve this safely we would need to massively increase staff levels. Not just doctors, but nurses, pharmacists, radiologists, ancillary staff etc. There is no funding to do this and Hunt is trying to push this through at a time when the nhs has been put on its knees, by the Tories. I've repeatedly asked you what you think their motive might be for this, but you're playing dumb like CT.

The pay issue is a symbolic line in the sand more than anything else. I think most people involved are well aware of this. Not you apparently.

Edited by Renton

It's about much more than pay, it's about paying doctors less at the weekends which is a de facto change in terms and conditions.

The issue, which we've discussed, is the so called 7 day NHS. Everyone knows to achieve this safely we would need to massively increase staff levels. Not just doctors, but nurses, pharmacists, radiologists, ancillary staff etc. There is no funding to do this and Hunt is trying to push this through at a time when the nhs has been put on its knees, by the Tories. I've repeatedly asked you what you think their motive might be for this, but you're playing dumb like CT.

The pay issue is a symbolic line in the sand more than anything else. I think most people involved are well aware of this. Not you apparently.

Symbolic? It's pretty much the only issue that has yet to be agreed. And I'm not playing dumb, I simply don't know. But of course you know everything for certain, your theory is is in no way clouded by your world view. I have already said I believe that the government is likely looking to privatise further but the arrogance and force with which you state your case while dismissing, without consideration, other views and points makes it nearly impossible to debate anything with you. A bit more humility from you wouldn't go amiss.

Edit: Apologies if that came across as personal. It isn't just you but generally the way discussions go on the internet with both sides just repeatedly stating their case and no progress being made.

Edited by ewerk

No, just using his own words back to him. I never insult first.

How incredibly noble and mature of you. I notice you chose not to quote your insults.

Symbolic? It's pretty much the only issue that has yet to be agreed. And I'm not playing dumb, I simply don't know. But of course you know everything for certain, your theory is is in no way clouded by your world view. I have already said I believe that the government is likely looking to privatise further but the arrogance and force with which you state your case while dismissing, without consideration, other views and points makes it nearly impossible to debate anything with you. A bit more humility from you wouldn't go amiss.

You started this thread, you posed the question, and I'm answering. As a rule I don't prefix everything with "imo" as I think that's self evident. Sorry if that's not humble enough for you.

It should be fairly obvious though there's a bigger agenda at stake here than Saturday pay, otherwise it would not have escalated to this point. If you choose not to see the bigger picture, that's up to you, but it makes me question your motivation for starting the thread in the first place.

Edit: I don't think any of this is personal ewerk, not even my replies to that cunt CT. ;)

Edited by Renton

As I said many times, I started the thread because I genuinely couldn't make sense of the whole thing, largely down to the muddled messages coming from both sides with as further evidenced by your claims that the strike isn't just about pay despite the organisation who called the strike saying that it is about pay. I think everyone could do with picking a message and sticking to it.

Edited by ewerk

As I said many times, I started the thread because I genuinely couldn't make sense of the whole thing, largely down to the muddled messages coming from both sides with as further evidenced by your claims that the strike isn't just about pay despite the organisation who called the strike saying that it is about pay. I think everyone could do with picking a message and sticking to it.

There's plenty of articles that describe the bigger issues. What you need to know is that after near a decade of austerity, the nhs, like most public bodies, is a seething mass of resentment and all the young doctors are fucking off to the antipodes.

:lol:

That's a bit unkind considering I've not said one bad word about nurses or the NHS.

A Tory calling a healthcare professional and NHS staff member unkind. :lol:

He's right I shouldn't have called him a cretin, so CT I apologise.

I sincerely hope the NHS is still around when you or your family need it to be.

It's ok, I'm pretty thick skinned.

I love the NHS and have always found it to be excellent regardless of who is running the country and fully expect it will continue to be excellent.

The NHS is being privatised, the 2010 NHS White Paper described this process very clearly.

The position staff are being placed in is deliberately untenable in order to assure either their desertion or their failure, this neatly sets up privatisation as the solution to a collapsing NHS. A solution we are being engineered to welcome if we accept messages such as how greedy and unreasonable the staff are, combined with stories (true or manipulated) about the underperformance of a deliberately starved entity.

This is a further wrestling of nationally owned infrastructure from the hands of the people who made it into the hands of the establishment who seek control and profit, we will not be paid back for what we put in, we will merely be expected to pay much, much more to use it in future - it is double, perhaps triple jeopardy. How this manipulation is not understood is a tragic measure of both their cunning and 'our' ignorance, wilful or otherwise.

The NHS does need reinventing as people live longer, but doing it in such a devious and profiteering manner is, indeed, sickening.

The establishment in this country view the masses as their meal ticket. Sadly many of the masses seem to think this is somehow okay.

Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

It's ok, I'm pretty thick skinned.

I love the NHS and have always found it to be excellent regardless of who is running the country and fully expect it will continue to be excellent.

Even though the bloke running it is at loggerheads with the staff? And the trajectory is definitely towards privatisation?

Even though the bloke running it is at loggerheads with the staff? And the trajectory is definitely towards privatisation?

Without rehashing old pages, loggerheads = dispute over Saturday pay for junior doctors.

Privatisation has always played a part in the NHS as it does in most countries. This has continued under all governments and always will. It couldn't run without private investment.

The bottom line is that it is a Pandora's box of problems to operate on so many different levels. There is no simple solution. It's an ever growing ever changing wild bull that has to be handled by governments and new people on a continuous basis.

For those that don't know, it's the 5th biggest employer in the world after such giants as...

The US dept of defence

The Chinese Army

Walmart

And McDonalds

It's an absolute beast that shouldn't really be used as a political football. All governments try and do their best, look for improvements and new ways to manage it.

All governments try and do their best. Really? Is that laughably naive or just willfully ignorant.

Cameron put Hunt in charge of nhs. The same hunt who is a coauthor of a book which describes the nhs as "no longer relevant in the 21st century" and recommends it's abolition, to be replaced by........ private healthcare.