Big Fat Magnificent Sam's shining beacons of total football in the darkness of the North East vs Everton

adios

I disagree. Plenty of money was made available this year. And I'm pretty certain Ashley has little to do with the day to day football stuff.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you honestly think penfold has carte blanche to run the show? We've never stopped following the transfer model except in the odd case where desperation creeps in. Even then, Shelvey and Townsend have been around the England team and are still young. Absolutely no chance Rafa will stay at NUFC if we're relegated and that's just as much, if not more, to do with NUFC as it is with Rafa. Two relegations in 9 years compared with 4 in nearly a hundred. Nowt to do with Ashley though, no day to day involvement, you see. :lol:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Plenty of money was made available this year. And I'm pretty certain Ashley has little to do with the day to day football stuff.

Shocker.

There's talk of him going to Everton or being offered the Spain job would either of those be more tempting than staying here in the Championship.

There's talk of him going to Everton or being offered the Spain job would either of those be more tempting than staying here in the Championship.

He'll not be welcomed by Everton after he called them a small club, and I can't see the many Madrid and Barce players welcoming him to the Spain job.

There's the Valencia job too, far too many good opportunities out there for him

This is most likely I think.

I thought he wanted to be back in England??

He does, and if Newcastle were to be playing in the top flight he'd likely stay with us. But ask yourself what level of club he'd expect to ply his trade? Clubs gunning for Europe/a sleeping giant in the Premier League.

The top jobs are gone

Arsenal, Wenger's going nowhere

Chelsea, Conte just appointed recently

Liverpool, Klopp is going nowhere

Man City, Guardiola just appointed

Man Utd, Liverpool connection would be troublesome and they're either sticking with van Gaal or going for Mourinho

the 2nd tier are either gone or not workable

Spurs, Pochettino is going nowhere

Everton, Liverpool connection will be too difficult a hurdle

Newcastle, 2nd tier and unlikely to get proper support from the shitshow of an owner

West Ham, Bilic is going nowhere

Southampton, there's rumblings of Koeman's departure but I'd be surprised, also don't think Benitez fits their model

Stoke, Hughes is going nowhere.

And he sure as shit isn't going to take a job at a club lower than that lot.

Valencia had a shit season so the expectations will be manageable, he's loved there and he speaks the language.

He does, and if Newcastle were to be playing in the top flight he'd likely stay with us. But ask yourself what level of club he'd expect to ply his trade? Clubs gunning for Europe/a sleeping giant in the Premier League.

The top jobs are gone

Arsenal, Wenger's going nowhere

Chelsea, Conte just appointed recently

Liverpool, Klopp is going nowhere

Man City, Guardiola just appointed

Man Utd, Liverpool connection would be troublesome and they're either sticking with van Gaal or going for Mourinho

the 2nd tier are either gone or not workable

Spurs, Pochettino is going nowhere

Everton, Liverpool connection will be too difficult a hurdle

Newcastle, 2nd tier and unlikely to get proper support from the shitshow of an owner

West Ham, Bilic is going nowhere

Southampton, there's rumblings of Koeman's departure but I'd be surprised, also don't think Benitez fits their model

Stoke, Hughes is going nowhere.

And he sure as shit isn't going to take a job at a club lower than that lot.

Valencia had a shit season so the expectations will be manageable, he's loved there and he speaks the language.

Well, Pochettino was having dinner with Fergie the other day and now he's 4/1 to take over at Man Ure :lol:

Well, Pochettino was having dinner with Fergie the other day and now he's 4/1 to take over at Man Ure :lol:

Seems an awfully public place to have a tryst.

I think he'd be mental to go to Man Utd, Spurs have a far better squad, they fit his tactics really well, they're in a really fantastic place to capitalize on all this new TV money and keep + build on their squad. At Man Utd he'll have a ton of expectation with an inferior squad, with the TV money I doubt they would pay him too much more as well.

Even if he's told to "sell to buy" it might not be the worst prospect in the world.

But I'm not building my hopes up, using the "a pessimist is rarely disappointed" mind-set, I've already come to terms with his departure and await next season with Ian Cathro as NUFC manager, but I live in hope to be wrong.

Even if he's told to "sell to buy" it might not be the worst prospect in the world.

But I'm not building my hopes up, using the "a pessimist is rarely disappointed" mind-set, I've already come to terms with his departure and await next season with Ian Cathro as NUFC manager, but I live in hope to be wrong.

This with Benitez as MD/DoF or something along those lines... :pray:

TEAM NEWS

Sunderland starting XI: Mannone, Yedlin, van Aanholt, Kone, Kaboul, Khazri, MVila, Cattermole, Kirchhoff, Borini, Defoe

Subs: Pickford, Larsson, Watmore, Jones, OShea, Rodwell, NDoye

Everton starting XI: Robles, Baines, Funes Mori, Stones, Pennington, McCarthy, Cleverley, Barry, Barkley, Mirallas, Lukaku

Subs: Howard, Gibson, Oviedo, Niasse, Lennon, Besic, Osman

Everton SHOULD be pissing this with the respective line ups but there's obvs something wrong there. Expect a similar performance from Everton that we saw from West Ham v us last game, last year.

Thy Sunderland side is rank on paper. A lot of crap in the Everton line up too but they've definitely got more quality. But as we've found this season, technical players count for shit if they're lazy or disorganised. The one thing you can say about the mackems is they're battling.