Ineffectual Cocksnot Gargling Fuckpigs V Cheltenham - EFL Cup 2016/17 - 2nd Round / 23 August

Anorthernsoul

Make a Prediction  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

thanks for the goal links - loved the assist /fake shot that looked from Mitro but couldn't have been - who was that?

I think you mean Gayle's assist for Perez's second?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to listen to matches on Yahoo Messenger voice chat circa 2003 using precisely that method. :lol:

I was the mastermind behind this. I hooked up my radio to my PC and streamed it. Proper old skool. Think we had a chatroom going too.

Should have had 5 or 6. That said I still think we look very poor overall.

Bit of a foggy game to watch as the bairn was rambling endlessly and I had one of those twats behind me who thinks he's John Motson. Endless fucking moronic cliches repeated three times each. Wouldn't have minded if he was passionate and shouting but he was just talking fucking endlessly. "Give and go, give and go, give and go......" :(

In all of that, Mitro did nowt, overall we look very lacking of creativity.

I started watching Jesus later in the game and thought he looked quality.

:lol: I love you CT you make me chuckle.

3rd win on the bounce against what could have been a banana skin and with a second clean sheet in a row.  I shall take that.

I think Mitro needs a few games to get upto stride, hopefully his heed is ok.

Is it any surprise CT said Mitrovic was anonymous? The chubby fucker just admitted he saw little of the game because his kid was distracting him, some bloke was giving a running commentary and he fucked early off for half time pies. 

Honestly if a player hasn't scored or created a goal, CT wouldn't have a clue what he did in the game

:lol: Aye - bit concerned about him though after Howay's remark about concussions...

Rafa says he's fine and him and Gayle are both in contention for the Brighton game. Think his substitution was just a precaution. Makes sense given the last time he played he had to come off with what looked like concussion.

CT is right that the first half was pretty grim. We were slow and lacking in any real drive. I did think you could see the difference Mitro will make though as we had the option of playing balls into him to hold up. Unfortunately the delivery into him was severely lacking in quality. Perez was utterly hopeless until he got his bang on the ear and scored with his next (immaculate) touch.

That goal massively changed things. As I've thought for a while, our confidence is very brittle after pardew, carver and the wally, and we needed the goal to boost us. The second half was much better with a quicker tempo and numerous very good chances. Shelvey and Diame (until he ran out of steam) were much more involved and Jesus and Sterry pushed further up the field and contributed more going forward. Gamez performance would be best described as composed. He clearly looked several classes above the opposition and a certain other leftback that was on the bench.

It should have been five by the end and for confidence I would have really liked to see us grab a couple more. But a comfortable win and another clean sheet with some players getting some much needed game time is nothing to be sniffed at. Just a shame about the injuries. Doesn't sound like the head wounds are much of a problem but Aarons looked distraught so I wouldn't expect to see him any time soon. Which raises questions about signing another injured winger.

Dave, I was willing him to impress me. Honestly.

I can only report on what he actually did :lol:

Not objectively though. You said he was anonymous, when by all other accounts he showed some good touches, linked up well and enjoyed a ding-dong battle with big lumbering League 2 centre halfs. Then he took a knock and tried to play on before being substituted before 1/2 time. 

I'll say again, if a player doesn't score or assist (or monumentally fuck up) you don't notice him. 

See that CT? David Kelly just showed you how to give actual insight.

Edited by The Fish

Mitro will get his chance to impress CT. If he gets a hat trick or something at some point, CT will think he's the best thing since sliced bread.

Glad to hear his injury isn't a concussion - hopefully we can make a real statement at Brighton now. For all people are talking them up, I think it's worth noting that this is a team who, if they were in the Prem, would be lower bottom half.

Not objectively though. You said he was anonymous, when by all other accounts he showed some good touches, linked up well and enjoyed a ding-dong battle with big lumbering League 2 centre halfs. Then he took a knock and tried to play on before being substituted before 1/2 time.

I'll say again, if a player doesn't score or assist (or monumentally fuck up) you don't notice him.

See that CT? David Kelly just showed you how to give actual insight.

You clown DK just said that while Mitro was on the pitch the game was grim, we had a tall fella up front but couldn't find him :lol:

Also I don't recall Jesus scoring assisting or massively fucking up, be he featured in my post match analysis ;)

The bottom line is we still look a very average uncreative team. Hopefully a few additions and Mitro playing to your ambitions for him will rectify that.

You clown DK just said that while Mitro was on the pitch the game was grim, we had a tall fella up front but couldn't find him :lol:

Also I don't recall Jesus scoring assisting or massively fucking up, be he featured in my post match analysis ;)

The bottom line is we still look a very average uncreative team. Hopefully a few additions and Mitro playing to your ambitions for him will rectify that.

Yes according to you we should have had 5  :unsure2:

Dave, I was willing him to impress me. Honestly.

I can only report on what he actually did :lol:

You reported that he was anonymous 15 minutes after he was taken off. I'm not convinced that you were paying close attention.

The inevitable post match argument with CT has begun, it seems.

I didn't see any of it so have little to contribute, but I do recall the radio commentators (I know..!) giving Gamez a hard time in the first 20 mins or so. Saying he looked unconvincing. I guess he must have improved as the match went on?

It sounded dire for the first half an hour or so.

Brighton are a decent outfit and very competitive in this league. Hughton will have them well drilled for set pieces and Knockaert is a quality player 

Brighton are a decent outfit and very competitive in this league. Hughton will have them well drilled for set pieces and Knockaert is a quality player 

That's fair enough but it's not like they're any better, objectively, than a team like Watford, or West Brom, or Swansea in the Prem, is it? Yes our team is weaker than it was at PL level, but I suspect by the end of this season it'll be better than the one we went down with.

That's an interesting take on what DK actually said. You've inferred from his post that he agrees with you that somehow Mitrovic was to blame. You criticised Mitrovic in your "post match analysis", calling him anonymous. What DK implied is that the 1st half was grim, but that was mostly down to the service and lack of dynamism from the team. 

What I've taken away from your "post match analysis"  is that you thought a team lacking in creativity could have had 5 or 6, you though that 15 minutes after a player was substituted he was anonymous, and you darted off at half time to fill your face :lol: