President Biden

Happy Face

Clearly completely forgot he was supposed to sign those orders, not the first time he's displayed signs of dementia. 

I did read somewhere (Quora?) that someone who had met him said he was much more eloquent/intelligent a few years ago, and that he felt it looked like dementia.

That could be the rhetoric that appeals to his base, I'm just not convinced any of them are that smart.

Then again, their courting of the Alex Jones vote was pretty fucking smart.

Or accidental...

Edited by adios

...So does this mean that Bannon isn't running the US after all? It's been intriguing watching the media not have a clue what to make of this.

He was primarily there for the transition.

He was primarily there for the transition.

Ostensibly, yes.

It's pretty clear they wouldn't want to have done this as their PR will know what a shitshow this looks like.  I suspect Bannon's about to be implicated in something big, or that Trump's hand has been forced by something someone knows.  

That or Bannon used the wrong milk on Donald's cereal.

Ostensibly, yes.

It's pretty clear they wouldn't want to have done this as their PR will know what a shitshow this looks like.  I suspect Bannon's about to be implicated in something big, or that Trump's hand has been forced by something someone knows.  

That or Bannon used the wrong milk on Donald's cereal.

Bannon was basically in charge of the Propaganda Ministry from the early days and probably gets bored in the long and tedious national executive meetings. As I suspected the realpolitik of the Trump regime will be watered down over time as the political architecture of Govt and realities start to bite.

I can't help but think that this has partially been done to make him look more presidential.

I guess that HF may be right on whether he's going to pursue a non-interventionist policy.

I can't help but think that this has partially been done to make him look more presidential.

I guess that HF may be right on whether he's going to pursue a non-interventionist policy.

Not sure what this strike achieves. At least it was an entirely military operation. Display of force maybe?

Chinese President Xi meeting with Trump as well. An indirect message to Xi suggesting that he's willing to go it alone on North Korea if he has to.

Aye, I'd say it's a warning for now that despite Russia's backing Assad is still only being allowed to operate within the parameters deemed acceptable by the US.

Russia seems to have taken it quite seriously. The last few days have been interesting to be honest, it's like Trump is trying to cast off the suspicions that he's working for Bannon, Putin, anyone else.

If this move stops further chemical weapon attacks then I have to say, it's hard to argue with it. It's a military target and demonstrates that the US is indeed still watching and prepared to act.

Chinese President Xi meeting with Trump as well. An indirect message to Xi suggesting that he's willing to go it alone on North Korea if he has to.

That one is the one that could become very destabilising.

Edited by Rayvin

So glad Hillary isn't in power to double down on Syria when we've got such a stable and predictable president in office. This is literally a u turn with less than 24 hours notice already condemned by the Russians. Great

I also see no harm in making the point to Putin that chemical weapons are off the table, frankly. If he follows this up with some manner of intervention on a larger scale that effectively ends up drawing out the conflict then he'll have made a huge error. These missile attacks... I dunno, Russia isn't going to do a damn thing about them, and hopefully they'll rein Assad in.

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden