President Biden

Happy Face

Right, which is why trump is so terrifying. China doesn't want war and regime change if it leads to a stronger southern Korea on its border.

Who knows what xi will do?

Who knows what kim will do?

Who knows what trump will do?

Hopefully they'll all do the wrong thing and get each other nuked. ;)

They would hit the American bases in South Korea. This is all hard wired in the command chain. It's why they have been left alone for so long because the casualty rate would be catastrophic now NK have 2 nukes.

You know this how?

From what I've read NK nuclear capability is still very basic. Rudimentary fission only. No evidence they have successfully miniaturised the warheads to fit the missiles yet. Even if they have, they would probably be taken out with anti-missile missiles. 

You know this how?

From what I've read NK nuclear capability is still very basic. Rudimentary fission only. No evidence they have successfully miniaturised the warheads to fit the missiles yet. Even if they have, they would probably be taken out with anti-missile missiles. 

They won't need a missile for SK. They will drop their 2 nukes from planes. They can't fight the American fleet obviously.

This is the problem with Trump and the MSM they aren't telling the American people the truth. This is a fantastic gamble by Trump and may cost many lives.

"Our revolutionary strong army is keenly watching every move by enemy elements with our nuclear sight focused on the U.S. invasionary bases not only in South Korea and the Pacific operation theater but also in the U.S. mainland," its official Rodong Sinmun newspaper said.''

Reuters.

They won't need a missile for SK. They will drop their 2 nukes from planes. They can't fight the American fleet obviously.

Again, assuming they even have bombs small enough for planes or the planes would make it past a barrage of SAMs. 

Again, assuming they even have bombs small enough for planes or the planes would make it past a barrage of SAMs. 

That's the gamble isn't it. The truth is nobody really knows what NK's capability is. Western intelligence has been way off on a lot of things. Trump is mad risking so many lives for what is theater and a boost to his ratings.

Edited by Park Life

That's the gamble isn't it. The truth is nobody really knows what NK's capability is. Western intelligence has been way off on a lot of things. Trump is mad risking so many lives for what is theater and a boost to his ratings.

The longer we wait to tackle this, the better their tech will get though. To be honest, China could solve this so much more easily than the US could, but the Chinese government are, unfortunately, cowards (in almost all matters).

Kind of agree with Renton that their capabilities should be able to be thwarted if done correctly and with sufficient force. But I think it would be incredibly unsettling for the world, and would represent an entirely irresponsible risk, if the situation escalated to the point where a nuke was fired in anger.

People need to understand that the Trump administration is in chaos reg foreign policy. There are competing factions and bad actors all over the shop. I would imagine they are trying to sell a ground war in Syria to Trump and to the generals who have advised against this. The moment they got rid of Flynn they started organizing intelligence and policy around a ground invasion. The alleged chemical attack by Assad and the Missile strike is just a prelude. Right now they think they can gauge whether Russia will intervene or not.

This is the biggest most dangerous moment in recent history. There are elements in and around the Trump admin who are clearly delusional if not psychotic.

Syria will be the final wake up call for the West having ignored the lessons of Libya and Iraq. The continued momentum with the tinniest of pauses reveals the urgency and single mindedness of America and its vassals. One wonders who really understands the consequences of a full blown conflict with Russia? The fact that we are this close to a war with a nuclear state over Syria shows that our leaders are either fantasists or genocidal. That at the G7 the other day Boris tried for more sanctions against Russia after cancelling his diplomatic trip reveals to me that they must think that Europe is somehow immune to war on its home soil. This isn't the case. Russia is done with talking and all the signals it has sent out are bad.

Edited by Park Life

Syria will be the final wake up call for the West having ignored the lessons of Libya and Iraq. The continued momentum with the tinniest of pauses reveals the urgency and single mindedness of America and its vassals. One wonders who really understands the consequences of a full blown conflict with Russia? The fact that we are this close to a war with a nuclear state over Syria shows that our leaders are either fantasists or genocidal. That at the G7 the other day Boris tried for more sanctions against Russia after cancelling his diplomatic trip reveals to me that they must think that Europe is somehow immune to war on its home soil. This isn't the case. Russia is done with talking and all the signals it has sent out are bad.

Why do you think Russia wants this war? There is no upside for them. Their economy is already on the ropes, the last thing they need is the entire Western world cutting them off (which is what would happen) and then having to get into a serious fight with the US. Putin would have to prize his own ego far beyond his own people. I suspect the Russians are petrified that they're coming into a situation where they might have to make good on their sabre rattling. They can't touch the US iyam, but the US has encircled them for decades. Europe, agreed, is in trouble. Doubtful the US administration cares too much though if they're prepared to go through with this. Besides, the EU might use this as a unification crisis moment, justifying their EU army.

The more I think about this, the more I just can't see how Russia can do anything other than back down here. Ideally the US will be smart enough to let them do so with something that looks vaguely like a win, for selling it to the domestic populace.

Edited by Rayvin

Can't see any way direct conflict between the US wouldn't very quickly escalate to nuclear. Then the US is obliterated as well.

See, this us the problem when you elect unstable psychopaths like Putin and Trump. Seems like some people might realise this once it's too late.

Can't see any way direct conflict between the US wouldn't very quickly escalate to nuclear. Then the US is obliterated as well.

See, this us the problem when you elect unstable psychopaths like Putin and Trump. Seems like some people might realise this once it's too late.

Why would it escalate to nuclear unless either state's border integrity is actually under threat? If they come to blows in Syria, they won't go nuclear.

I think we're getting really carried away here :lol:

Also feel obliged to point out that this wouldn't be happening at all if the non-psychotic Obama and previous administrations hadn't been actively destabilising the ME and keeping up hostilities with Russia.

Why would it escalate to nuclear unless either state's border integrity is actually under threat? If they come to blows in Syria, they won't go nuclear.

I think we're getting really carried away here :lol:

Also feel obliged to point out that this wouldn't be happening at all if the non-psychotic Obama and previous administrations hadn't been actively destabilising the ME and keeping up hostilities with Russia.

Jesus you're naive. The losing side (Russians) would soon resort to tactical nukes and from there it's ICBMs. This isn't even controversial.

Jesus you're naive. The losing side (Russians) would soon resort to tactical nukes and from there it's ICBMs. This isn't even controversial.

Why? Given the 'mutually assured destruction' component here, why would Putin decide to tank his entire country just because he lost a ground conflict in Syria?

Why? Given the 'mutually assured destruction' component here, why would Putin decide to tank his entire country just because he lost a ground conflict in Syria?

Russia is watching very carefully. It will not wait for the message in the mail it will striker instantly because if it strikes second it might not have time to retaliate properly.  NATO commanders talk about ground wars and so on...But Russia will go nuclear very early. The next cruise strike by America will be answered. Putin said way back in 2016 in St Petersburg not even in code that enough is enough.

Edited by Park Life

Russia is watching very carefully. It will not wait for the message in the mail it will striker instantly because if it strikes second it might not have time to retaliate properly.  NATO commanders talk about ground wars and so on...But Russia will go nuclear very early.

Why? Why would they think at all that they're going to be under threat of a nuclear strike? The only way I see nukes coming into it is if the US have literally invaded Russia and are about to take the Kremlin.

I mean, are you guys all tapped into Russian high command or something :lol:

If Russia goes nuclear, the only thing it guarantees is it's own annihilation. The US can shoot down something like 60% of their missiles in mid-air, so they'd literally have to fire everything they've got. And you are suggesting that they might do this based on a conflict in a totally different country?

Edited by Rayvin

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden