President Biden

Happy Face

Jason Burke, who wrote the book on jihadists, says Trump will soon be able to declare victory on ISIS and claim a major campaign promise has been delivered.

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/after-islamic-state

Has he been out there? Seems a bit potted history - cobbled together.

First images of Jihadis dissipated from the media and now articles have all but disappeared. It don't mean it's so. Isis are losing on multiple fronts but were they really ever actually winning? Lot of the areas of Syria they took were not properly defended as Assad under Russian military advice turned to defending key sites that could be re-supplied and compact. Isis not being able to fight on open ground only ever really took villages and small town and secondary cities and then hid in them knowing that we didn't have the will at first to get in them and fight street to street. Only the appearances of Iranian special forces and Hezbollah (world class street fighters) changed this mural. I have doubted Isis military capability and that the tide was turned so fast by the Russian concentrated air campaign 3 months or so doesn't suggest Isis really knew what they were doing.

The insurgency in Iraq was a continuation of the Iraq war and predominantly ex-Iraqi army elements. The jaw dropping sight of murderous Sunni militia riding around on American Armour and Humvee and one mustn't forget Blackwater. This 'in theater package was put together in the Pentagon and not by clerics and rogue commanders in Raqqa and Jeddah. The media for their own reasons gave a huge big up to Isis without really analysing who was doing the fighting.

It is estimated that 70% of the fighters in Syria are from other countries this was the sea change that woke our military commanders up. Who flew them in? Who prepared the 'rat runs' through Turkey? And the miraculous sudden appearance of front line logistics? Rag tag armies don't do logistics...

I personally think the next front will be the Caucasus. What is Trump gonna do? Declare a victory over a myth?

Remember if Isis are truly done a new enemy will have to be declared and budgets protected. ;)

Edited by Park Life

Has he been out there? Seems a bit potted history - cobbled together.

First images of Jihadis dissipated from the media and now articles have all but disappeared. It don't mean it's so. Isis are losing on multiple fronts but were they really ever actually winning? Lot of the areas of Syria they took were not properly defended as Assad under Russian military advice turned to defending key sites that could be re-supplied and compact. Isis not being able to fight on open ground only ever really took villages and small town and secondary cities and then hid in them knowing that we didn't have the will at first to get in them and fight street to street. Only the appearances of Iranian special forces and Hezbollah (world class street fighters) changed this mural. I have doubted Isis military capability and that the tide was turned so fast by the Russian concentrated air campaign 3 months or so doesn't suggest Isis really knew what they were doing.

The insurgency in Iraq was a continuation of the Iraq war and predominantly ex-Iraqi army elements. The jaw dropping sight of murderous Sunni militia riding around on American Armour and Humvee and one mustn't forget Blackwater. The media for their own reasons gave a huge big up to Isis without really analysing who was doing the fighting. It is estimated that 70% of the fighters in Syria are from other countries this was the sea change that woke our military commanders up. I personally think the next front will be the Caucasus. What is Trump gonna do? Declare a victory over a myth?

Remember if Isis are truly done a new enemy will have to be declared and budgets protected. ;)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Burke

Think you've repeated a lot of the article. Trump will declare victory though, no matter how pyrrhic. Like bush on the deck of that aircraft carrier in 2004.

I mean they would get into a town and start taxing it and stealing the food supply, chopping heads, raping women and taking slaves until it all started running out and in the early days their supply chain was more or less unhindered (till the Russians came in). NATO spent 3 years hitting hard sites and Regime infastructure while Isis continued to steal and sell oil. Not one soul anywhere in the Pentagon with its world class satellite surveillance did jack squat about the oil sales....Till Russia came in and hit the tankers.

NATO hit Isis hard when they deemed it was fighting in the wrong direction ie near Israel or toward Saudi. ;) I mean in that area the Kurds beat back Isis they did it in a matter of months and infact all it drew was Turkish airstrikes.

You see none of this makes sense if you look at the narrative we've been sold.

There is a part of the deep state (not only its mouthpiece McCain) that was hoping Isis and others would take down Assad and that the threat was regional/local...In theater. And they got behind it with all this FSA claptrap...Black budgets were fired up. Saudi Swiss bank accounts ran hot...It was only when Isis started recruiting form 17 countries that they realised it might not be. :lol:

Right now they are probably talking about how to get money into Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan.

Edited by Park Life

I get that he is fucking ridiculous but that Fox reporter really said "unmanned" when agreeing with Trump about how phenomenal all the missiles launched from a ship hit their target, missiles usually are unmanned like.

The look of utter confusion on his face when she corrects him btw, he doesn't have a clue does he? Remembered the beautiful chocolate cake the utter nugget. As if that has any relevance, unless of course he mentioned which of his restaurants they were dining at in which case it's another advert for his trampy establishments. 

His mouth breathing is off the charts on that video as well.

Edited by Howay

I get that he is fucking ridiculous but that Fox reporter really said "unmanned" when agreeing with Trump about how phenomenal all the missiles launched from a ship hit their target, missiles usually are unmanned like.

The look of utter confusion on his face when she corrects him btw, he doesn't have a clue does he? Remembered the beautiful chocolate cake the utter nugget. As if that has any relevance, unless of course he mentioned which of his restaurants they were dining at in which case it's another advert for his trampy establishments. 

His mouth breathing is off the charts on that video as well.

Notice he can't even mention a chocolate cake without exaggerating the dimensions btw.

His base will absolutely lap this stuff up.  Just a regular billionaire you could have a drink with.

Notice he can't even mention a chocolate cake without exaggerating the dimensions btw.

His base will absolutely lap this stuff up.  Just a regular billionaire you could have a drink with.

Aye, I've no idea how it doesn't get on their nerves at all. Every single thing is phenomenal, or beautiful, or the best you've ever seen, it's just fucking tedious to listen too especially when it has no fucking purpose. Like explaining how amazing it is that these missiles all hit as if it's some revelation, they usually do that's why they cost over $1m each and you shot 50 odd of them while cutting meals on wheels for people.

I agree they'll lap it up though, the fact he's having this level of conversation over chocolate cake will have them thinking about how they asked their cousin for a blazza in the Denny's 'restaurant' near them.

WTF is a blazza, you massive Yank?

And how is it that half that country apparently feels most affinity with a 70-year-old billionaire with Alzheimer's.  I thought they'd found their level with GW, but no, too bookish apparently.

Have you considered running away yet?

WTF is a blazza, you massive Yank?

And how is it that half that country apparently feels most affinity with a 70-year-old billionaire with Alzheimer's.  I thought they'd found their level with GW, but no, too bookish apparently.

Have you considered running away yet?

I heard that growing up in Newcastle man! It means blow job.

Haha, he's crackers for sure but from a purely selfish perspective it's not having any impact on me personally as I have good healthcare coverage etc. 

In laymans terms - USA & NK are on about having a big old war because NK have some weapons that they occasionally fire into the sea.

Definitely worth the hundreds of thousands of deaths.

In laymans terms - USA & NK are on about having a big old war because NK have some weapons that they occasionally fire into the sea.

Definitely worth the hundreds of thousands of deaths.

I guess this is why laymen shouldn't make political decisions.

American gets all puffed up when it realises it will be fighting against 70's technology. :lol: Having given it large about China all though his campaign now that Trump has been informed it's a no go he's gone for the 2nd best option.

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden