President Biden

Happy Face

:lol:

Nice current affairs pun there.  20 years ago that now :o

EDIT: I gave you undeserved pun credit, thought you'd said "something of the right" which would have been funnier ;)

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, a contributor to Breitbart, tweeted photos with Pence, Cruz, and Bannon. His selfie with Bannon included his whiteboard in the background.

“Cancel all federal funding to sanctuary cities”

“Suspend immigration from terror-prone regions”

“Triple the number of ICE agents”

“Build the border wall and eventually make Mexico...” (rest of text unclear)

“ Sunset our visa laws so that Congress is forced to revise and revisit them”

“Eliminate the estate tax”

“Repeal and replace Obamacare”

and more.

Is it not his list of things that have been blocked from making any progress whatsoever?

Yay checks and balances!

He should have a referendumb if he wants to push some lunatic policies through.

Is this really that big a deal? I understood that Comey was likely to be sacked if Clinton won power as well. Trump can likely point to that.

And presumably the investigation will continue anyway.

So he's supposedly being fired for factual inaccuracies? If that's the standard then there wouldn't be a single person in the WH keeping their job.

Given that it's only the second time in history that it has happened and the situation surrounding it I'd say it's a big deal.

Ok, I've skim read the Watergate scandal. So Nixon eventually resigned rather than be impeached. I understand why we're thinking this could be a big deal now.

...I suspect we're all going to be disappointed from the fallout from this one though. There were grounds to sack Comey based on what he did within the election framework - in effect he was already discredited and can be, presumably, justifiably removed.

It does suggest that there is something in the background that Trump wants to hide (and I'm sure it'll come out eventually), but I suspect that Congress isn't going to be able to say much about Comey's sacking given the fact that many people have been calling for it since the email fiasco.

I don't think there's any suggestion that what Trump has done is illegal. Just very dodgy.

His worry now has to be if Congress calls Comey to testify on his investigation thus far and he buries Trump.

36 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Is this really that big a deal? I understood that Comey was likely to be sacked if Clinton won power as well. Trump can likely point to that.

And presumably the investigation will continue anyway.

Incoming Trump appointee can cancel the investigation - he deserved to be sacked for the letter thing but that's just an excuse. 

This is interference - if no Republican challenges it, it's a disgrace. 

35 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Also, you say they can use what happened during the election to fire him but Trump already praised his actions during the campaign.

I don't think that's a material problem though. A narrative can easily be spun around the notion that the full details of what was afoot weren't revealed until Trump had the ability to look into it himself etc etc.

Moreover the US seems quite content for its candidates to spew any manner of nonsense on the campaign trail and then effectively pretend that nothing even happened once it's all over with.

21 minutes ago, NJS said:

Incoming Trump appointee can cancel the investigation - he deserved to be sacked for the letter thing but that's just an excuse. 

This is interference - if no Republican challenges it, it's a disgrace. 

Not arguing that it's a disgrace, I completely agree on that. I just don't think this will be the thing that brings Trump down. I suspect it'll be out of the news in a week.

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden