President Biden

Happy Face

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Trump is an international fanny sniffer and North Korea represents uncharted territory. That's what this is about.

Never been pissed on by a North Korean before

19 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Look at it this way - there was a reason this happened, on both sides. Trump's reason is easy - he's an idiot, wanted to distract everyone from the Russian collusion stuff, and generally takes any opportunity to make himself look good.

Kim's is... presumably to gain international recognition? OK, so he's got that now. But to what end? What does he intend to do with it if not engage with the world?

Avoid an assault on NK whilst keeping his nukes

Just now, Andrew said:

Avoid an assault on NK whilst keeping his nukes

Is there really any serious notion that anyone was going to attack DPRK? If there was then I can only think that this would be because of Trump, and he is therefore a rather effective deterrent. I don't think that's what it was about though, Kim will have known that even Trump wasn't going to kick off a war that would effectively destroy both Koreas, and likely drag China in. He'd be thrown out of office before that happened.

And if he keeps his nukes but the world thinks he has disarmed, they're not very effective as a deterrent... I mean I guess he can pop up in a year or two and say "ha! fooled you, we had nukes all along" but I don't see how that radically changes the position he's in apart from losing trust from the Chinese.

3 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Kim has no more nukes, his whole facility is buried under a collapsed mountain. He is getting everything for fuck all.

Aye, good PR for Trump's bollocks in exchange for a few hundred million dollars which no one outside Kim's inner circle will actually see.

Yeah that sounds credible to me - but if that is the case, Trump is going to get a Nobel unless there is a serious media effort to verify the notion that the nukes were gone anyway. And with North Korea being as secretive as it is, there's no chance of that coming out.

So like I said, we're going to be remembering Trump for bringing peace to the Koreas. Peace based on a lie, but there it is.

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Is there really any serious notion that anyone was going to attack DPRK? If there was then I can only think that this would be because of Trump, and he is therefore a rather effective deterrent. I don't think that's what it was about though, Kim will have known that even Trump wasn't going to kick off a war that would effectively destroy both Koreas, and likely drag China in. He'd be thrown out of office before that happened.

And if he keeps his nukes but the world thinks he has disarmed, they're not very effective as a deterrent... I mean I guess he can pop up in a year or two and say "ha! fooled you, we had nukes all along" but I don't see how that radically changes the position he's in apart from losing trust from the Chinese.

Or he keeps them because denuclearisation in his terms means different to trumps. Which has been pointed out by the talkig heads today, the "promise" of it in the statement is vague because they differ greatly on what it means.

He holds that promise out over Trump for two more years because dropping it would mean Trump 100% loses face and would not be re-elected so he gets concession after concession from the orange buffoon and then just drops it and fucks him off anyway after 2020

12 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Kim has no more nukes, his whole facility is buried under a collapsed mountain. He is getting everything for fuck all.

It was his testing facility that collapsed/they blew up. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been keeping his entire stockpile in there.

:lol: It’s almost as if the erratic, needlessly provocative, and rushed work with an inattention to detail that’s displayed at a domestic level is how he operates on the world stage. 

The bloke is a complete shambles. I still can’t move past the fact he doesn’t own a suit that fits, what’s even funnier about that is his often loose sleeves make his tiny little baby hands look even more minuscule.  

massive win for kim, this summit.

trump unilaterally decides to end joint military action with south korea, seemingly without consulting them, and signals a desire to remove all US troops from the area. 

all kim had to do was make bland commitments about new relations to work towards peace and denuclearisation.  and it's worth remembering that north korea interpret that phrase as meaning that the yanks remove their nuclear umbrella from south korea. 

what has trump achieved other than legitimising kim's rule by giving him the chance to be viewed as an equal on the global  stage as a world leader?

apparently the 100k prisoners in the forced labour camps will be big winners too, although like everything else that comes out of his mouth, how that would be the case was also light on detail.

Edited by Dr Gloom

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

massive win for kim, this summit.

trump unilaterally decides to end joint military action with south korea, seemingly without consulting them, and signals a desire to remove all US troops from the area. 

all kim had to do was make bland commitments about new relations to work towards peace and denuclearisation.  and it's worth remembering that north korea interpret that phrase as meaning that the yanks remove their nuclear umbrella from south korea. 

what has trump achieved other than legitimising kim's rule by giving him the chance to be viewed as an equal on the global  stage as a world leader?

apparently the 100k prisoners in the forced labour camps will be big winners too, although like everything else that comes out of his mouth, how that would be the case was also light on detail.

Aye, the scaling back of US military presence when put up against precisely zero firm guarantees, something that was lost on me when commenting earlier, is clearly what Kim gets out of this. He's played Trump like a fiddle.

The problem is, Trump is going to see that this is how it looks to the rest of us, probably try to make it sound like Kim has actually agreed to far more than he has, and then turn around and say that the North Koreans failed to meet their obligations, resulting in us going right back to where we were.

The fucking state of you lot :lol:

Trump isn’t scaling back the military presence, he’s cancelling any future war games in the area. How stupid it would be to play war games now that they’re moving forward down a peace process.

Have a word with yourselves :lol:

12 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

The fucking state of you lot :lol:

Trump isn’t scaling back the military presence, he’s cancelling any future war games in the area. How stupid it would be to play war games now that they’re moving forward down a peace process.

Have a word with yourselves :lol:

I see. So all the political experts and commentators scratching their heads over this firm concession weighed up against zero firm concessions from the other side, simply don't have the vision that you do to be able to see this for what it is?

• Like 1

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden