President Biden

Happy Face

And to think that they could have had this bloke, had the Democrats not been so arrogant.

https://youtu.be/4znlehu5lVo

Superb and depressing. To think we passed that up for identity politics and ended up with the right wing fake version ripping off the same ideas without the follow through.

The world won't be fucking told, sadly. I'd rather be an idealistic fuckwit than willfully blind :(

Edited by Rayvin

The way Trump is acting is just fucking depressing tbh, it was a bit funny at first in a 'this fucking idiot can't keep this up can he?' but now it's just sad that this bloke is actually going to be in charge.

I'd often gave him a bit of a benefit of doubt in that I assumed he must have some level of intelligence but I'm at the point where I'm just sick to the back teeth of his moronic tweets and I think the blokes just a total fucking idiot. He wiped off a bunch of Toyota's market cap off the other day when he give them some ultimatum about producing cars in Mexico for the US market, they've said it wont effect production in the US though, even if you agree with him and think all the cars should be produced in the US this sort of shit shouldn't be on fucking Twitter.

There has to be a point the secret service or another branch step in and stop him because surely this is going to become a national security issue. 

The way Trump is acting is just fucking depressing tbh, it was a bit funny at first in a 'this fucking idiot can't keep this up can he?' but now it's just sad that this bloke is actually going to be in charge.

I'd often gave him a bit of a benefit of doubt in that I assumed he must have some level of intelligence but I'm at the point where I'm just sick to the back teeth of his moronic tweets and I think the blokes just a total fucking idiot. He wiped off a bunch of Toyota's market cap off the other day when he give them some ultimatum about producing cars in Mexico for the US market, they've said it wont effect production in the US though, even if you agree with him and think all the cars should be produced in the US this sort of shit shouldn't be on fucking Twitter.

There has to be a point the secret service or another branch step in and stop him because surely this is going to become a national security issue. 

He just smacks of unprofessionalism with everything he does.

Less than 2 weeks until he becomes president and this is what is occupying his time.

His layer of tan is thicker than the skin its sat on.

Maybe all this will dry up when he's sworn in. He surely won't have time for any of it.

It's not like he should have time for it now. He should be flat out planning his first 100 days.

Well done Meryl Streep btw...

"We need the principled press to hold power to account, to call them on the carpet for every outrage.  That's why our founders enshrined the press and its freedoms in our Constitution. So I only ask the famously well-heeled Hollywood Foreign Press and all of us in our community to join me in supporting the Committee to Protect Journalists."

The CPJ have staunchly supported Wikileaks and Assange, so it's good to see them supported while others look to admonish WL following the publication of Clinton emails and Trump's election

It's not like he should have time for it now. He should be flat out planning his first 100 days.

Agreed but he clearly does have time for it. Looking at this honestly, it very much appears that he's going to be a PR president rather than a substance president. Maybe that's a good thing for all of us. Trump with substance might very well derail global affairs.

Wonder how involved he'll be with anything.  He'll be sitting at the big desk playing on his ipad tweeting nonsense while the chief of staff and other advisors make decisions and do all his work for him disregarding whatever shite he spouts.  He'll fly where he's told and smile when he's told to smile.

How different that is from previous presidents is debateable. Bush Junior and Reagan seemed to do more harm than most just doing as they were told. But I think Trump will be more of a Kevin the teenager and throw a wobly when he doesn't agree with advisors.  I think he's probably different to them in that he believes he knows better than anyone around him and he's not been mentored to where he's got so doesn't feel dutybound to listen to anybody more conniving.

Wonder how involved he'll be with anything.  He'll be sitting at the big desk playing on his ipad tweeting nonsense while the chief of staff and other advisors make decisions and do all his work for him disregarding whatever shite he spouts.  He'll fly where he's told and smile when he's told to smile.

How different that is from previous presidents is debateable. Bush Junior and Reagan seemed to do more harm than most just doing as they were told. But I think Trump will be more of a Kevin the teenager and throw a wobly when he doesn't agree with advisors.  I think he's probably different to them in that he believes he knows better than anyone around him and he's not been mentored to where he's got so doesn't feel dutybound to listen to anybody more conniving.

Given how easy it is to get him ranting about things I imagine anyone smart enough with plenty of access to him will find him quite easy to manipulate.

Mad how we've gotten to the stage on both sides of the Atlantic where mega rich, right wing arseholes are the popular choice with the working classes

As a snapshot in time, it looks mad. Worked back through the events that preceded it, I think it looks borderline inevitable.

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden