President Biden

Happy Face

It's been done to death, but what does me in is the amount of older americans (mostly living on my island) - who are banging on about they had to vote Trump because they needed change and power returned to the people.

So hold on..... You wanted change and voted in a elite businessman who represents the 1 percent , gives no fuck about anything other than economics,  how is that CHANGE?

It's been done to death, but what does me in is the amount of older americans (mostly living on my island) - who are banging on about they had to vote Trump because they needed change and power returned to the people.

So hold on..... You wanted change and voted in a elite businessman who represents the 1 percent , gives no fuck about anything other than economics,  how is that CHANGE?

Change but change for the worse :lol:

So what does everyone make of Trump reusing to take questions from a news outlet because it published negative stories about him? The beginning of the end of press freedom in the states? That'll learn the MSM

Edited by Dr Gloom

So what does everyone make of Trump reusing to take questions from a news outlet because it published negative stories about him? The beginning of the end of press freedom in the states? That'll learn the MSM

Not much different to the non-answers they get from ordinary politicians, I would say.

Edited by Rayvin

Ok I just read it - you're talking about CNN presumably?

Well, it's kinda funny to read the transcript but look, he's a massive child and this isn't a good direction to head in. The last thing we need is the MSM kowtowing to power more than they already do.

He should refuse questions from anyone disproportionately reporting protests then slowly and queitly reintroduce them to the fold after they change their tune and block anybody daring to question their journalistic integrity, grammar or use of paragraphs.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

Ok I just read it - you're talking about CNN presumably?

Well, it's kinda funny to read the transcript but look, he's a massive child and this isn't a good direction to head in. The last thing we need is the MSM kowtowing to power more than they already do.

At least they're not a failing pile of garbage like buzzfeed.

We are living in extraordinary and deeply disturbing times, that much is clear. The shit he came out with at the press conference was unprecedented for a president elect. We're in for a turbulent four years ... he's not even in office yet. Honestly, the newsroom I work in was echoing with choruses of laughter at some of the moronic shit coming out of his mouth. But then you have to stop laughing, because this isn't funny. This freak is the US president.

At least they're not a failing pile of garbage like buzzfeed.

We are living in extraordinary and deeply disturbing times, that much is clear. The shit he came out with at the press conference was unprecedented for a president elect. We're in for a turbulent four years ... he's not even in office yet. Honestly, the newsroom I work in was echoing with choruses of laughter at some of the moronic shit coming out of his mouth. But then you have to stop laughing, because this isn't funny. This freak is the US president.

Still not 100% convinced he'll be sworn in you know. There's just so much dubious shit coming out that it would be borderline irresponsible to swear him in.

I guess not doing so would also be highly contentious though. Agree that these are dark and confusing days. 

In terms of how it looks, sure. In terms of the usefulness of the content, it's about the same.

It's quite a bit different to deflecting a question. He denied one of the country's major broadcasters the opportunity to ask a question because he doesn't like their coverage of him. Unprecedented and troubling

I so want to say "At least we'd have moved past the pretense" but to be fair to you, the Western media is nowhere near as bad as China or Russia's, at least in terms of supporting their state.

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden