Blackburn

Andrew

Goals? I hear goals?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was trying to decide who was more useless during the first 15 mins, Anita or Colback.

So there's one thing Colback will win in his career.

Still not worried like.  This is our blip, this is where a good manager earns his money.

We're not watching a Pardew side, don't forget we're by some fantasy-land-miracle watching a Rafa Benitez side.

Not that that should make Rafa immune from criticism, but it's worth taking a deep breath and remembering that.  Might as well enjoy it before Ashley fucks that up too.

Colback has spent his entire career playing in terrible teams at the wrong end of the table. In that context, you can get by being able to run around, snap into tackles and keep play simple when you do have the ball. If he had come through at a top half Premier League team, he'd have been sold after about a dozen appearances and would have been in the Championship or League 1 years ago.

That's about the best reasoning I've heard on the matter, but I still come back to the fact that surely it would be the first place you'd look to improve I mean even in those struggling sides all the fans picked him out as either the worst or one of the worst performers, it's not like one of those things where he was one of the better performers on shite sides so looked better than he was. Like we got that Saivet lad, identified he was dogshit in about 4 games and had him out the door yet we're still seeing Jack Colback feature in the first team for coming up on 80 appearances now.

I was trying to decide who was more useless during the first 15 mins, Anita or Colback.

So there's one thing Colback will win in his career.

Still not worried like. This is our blip, this is where a good manager earns his money.

We're not watching a Pardew side, don't forget we're by some fantasy-land-miracle watching a Rafa Benitez side.

Not that that should make Rafa immune from criticism, but it's worth taking a deep breath and remembering that. Might as well enjoy it before Ashley fucks that up too.

It's his signings that have baffled me. Ritchie and Gayle aside they've been absolutely shite. Atsu hasn't been a disaster but he can't even get a game. 3 full backs that can't get in ahead of Dummett and Anita. A keeper that's had to be dropped in favour of effectively our third choice 'keeper. And a few million on fucking Daryl Murphy. I like Rafa but he needs to sort his shit out before the wheels come off.

It's his signings that have baffled me. Ritchie and Gayle aside they've been absolutely shite. Atsu hasn't been a disaster but he can't even get a game. 3 full backs that can't get in ahead of Dummett and Anita. A keeper that's had to be dropped in favour of effectively our third choice 'keeper. And a few million on fucking Daryl Murphy. I like Rafa but he needs to sort his shit out before the wheels come off.

:lol:

It's hard to disagree mind, for all the money we've spent we're generally seeing the worst players from the last few seasons still playing. I absolutely refuse to believe that Gamez, Lazaar, and Yedlin (100% know in the latters case) are worse than Dummett and Anita and if they're not 'match fit' or 'adjusted' 6 months into being here (again the latter played a full Premier League season last season) what the fuck is going on?

If there is absolutely nothing in our reserves or youth better than Jack Colback we may as well scrap the academy. I don't understand the Murphy signing now at all, I first thought he was going to play Mitro and had Murphy as a backup big man but he clearly doesn't like that type of forward at all. Hayden could turn out to be okay, Clark is looking as bad as we feared recently (he seems as terrified as Lascelles and is just as big a tart in the air) and there's no way he'd make the step up to the PL. 

Is that three games now that Shelvey has missed? So two more to go until we can start winning comfortably again?

Aye, the cup counts as well right? so at least it's only 1 more League game.

We do need to sign a backup for Shelvey. £8m-£10m should be sufficient. Only downside is that we'd potentially get a better player in the summer for the PL. Waiting isnt worth the risk IMO but maybe it would be for Ashley.

Edited by Rayvin

We do need to sign a backup for Shelvey. £8m-£10m should be sufficient. Only downside is that we'd potentially get a better player in the summer for the PL. Waiting isnt worth the risk IMO but maybe it would be for Ashley.

Aye if the right player is available we could buy but I'm sure we could get a loan for a decent CM. I'd like to see us get Loftus-Cheek and another one from the bunch mentioned on loan, I really think we need a winger now as well, if Rafa doesn't think Atsu is a starter (plus we lose him to AFCoN anyway) we need a creative winger asap as Gouffran is dropping off his early season spell of being a football player.

In 14 appearances in the league this season Colback has managed 0 goals, 0 assists, 2 shots, 1 on target, committed 21 fouls, 6 yellow cards, 87% pass completion rate from an average of 37 passes per game. SHITE.

It's a poor record and the losses have not been against the top sides in the division.

Probably repeating myself here but personally I think it's currently Brighton and Reading's to lose, and Huddersfield keep on getting points too despite often not playing all that well.

We can lose games here and there if the sides around us are doing the same - but they're not.  In fact they've got the ability to win games without steamrolling the opposition - they find a way that we can't. Today was the second time in three matches that Reading have found a winner in second half injury time. They have a cutting edge we really lack.

We now have 7 losses.  There are seven teams in the league that have 7 or fewer losses than us.  Seven.

What is the highest number of losses the automatic 2 have gone up with in the past?  can only see the play-offs for this squad like, it's starting to show on them now and they look weak as piss against the physical sides.

I think there's definitely a degree of complacency that has crept in recently, we had a decent gap at the top but now we're looking like we'll be 5 points behind. Carrying a load of players that are either too shit to do anything or are putting in pedestrian performances, like Quiff said there's no one in the side that is stepping up and taking the game by the scruff of the neck when we need it. Teams are just looking to sit back and catch us on the break and our lot are often playing like we're 3-0 up at 0-0 just calmly passing back and forth across the midfield which suits the opposition all day, then when the ball breaks and they attack you can put your money on a foul being committed in a dangerous area as our panicking back line struggle to stop 2 attackers between the 4 or 5 of them.