2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

They're fulfilling NATO commitments as military observers, hardly imperialists.

can you not accept that a death cult driven by a twisted religious ideology is the main thing that inspires people to blow themselves in the name of Allah? 

Think we've discussed it before ;)

Lets agree it's a massively complex set of drivers that lead someone to act like that. Warped Religious education, social exclusion, mental illness, horror at atrocities inflicted elsewhere and any other number of drivers will all contribute to each attackers motives to varying degrees and we can't make blanket statements about any single main cause that would cause all attacks to cease if resolved.

Stood my ground for years and still very much in agreement with Corbyn*. It's been done to death between me, DG and Renton though. Gets silly to repeat it.

*EDIT: and MI5 and the pentagon and the joint intelligence committee ;)

''Security experts – including both conservatives and liberals – agree that waging war in the Middle East weakens national security and increases terrorism. See this, this, this, this, this, this, this and this.

Ooops.

Killing innocent civilians is one of the main things which increases terrorism. As one of the top counter-terrorism experts (the former number 2 counter-terrorism expert at the State Department) told me, starting wars against states which do not pose an imminent threat to America’s national security increases the threat of terrorism because:

One of the principal causes of terrorism is injuries to people and families.....

Our Program of Torture Created Terrorists

In addition, torture creates new terrorists:

• A top counter-terrorism expert says torture increases the risk of terrorism (and see this).
  • One of the top military interrogators said that torture by Americans of innocent Iraqis is the main reason that foreign fighters started fighting against Americans in Iraq in the first place (and see this).
  • Former counter-terrorism czar Richard A. Clarke says that America’s indefinite detention without trial and abuse of prisoners is a leading Al Qaeda recruiting tool
  • A 30-year veteran of CIA’s operations directorate who rose to the most senior managerial ranks, says:

Torture creates more terrorists and fosters more acts of terror than it could possibly neutralize.''

1979 - Russian invasion of Afghanistan.

After second gulf war 2003. World terrorism skyrocketed.

G.jpg

http://www.globalresearch.ca/u-s-war-on-terror-has-increased-terrorism/5355073

Edited by Park Life

It would be a brilliant story if Corbyn could somehow pull it off. It's be almost as big as Trump. And for May, the drama of calling a snap election, certain of securing a bigger majority only to lose would be political theatre at its finest.

but I'm afraid it isn't going to happen, despite what may or may not be happening to Saturn.

7 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

It would be a brilliant story if Corbyn could somehow pull it off. It's be almost as big as Trump. And for May, the drama of calling a snap election, certain of securing a bigger majority only to lose would be political theatre at its finest.

but I'm afraid it isn't going to happen, despite what may or may not be happening to Saturn.

Why are you so certain? He's surging in polls, his odds have tumbled. His policies are popular, hers aren't. I think it's far from a foregone conclusion at this point 

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Why are you so certain? He's surging in polls, his odds have tumbled. His policies are popular, hers aren't. I think it's far from a foregone conclusion at this point 

Middle england will never vote for him. They decide elections, particularly now labour has lost Scotland 

The next week will be interesting. He's made fast gains it'll be difficult for tories to arrest the slide from here. They're in a position of having no positive policies in their manifesto so they're probably going to resort to attacking Corbyn. Can't see that ending well for them. 

12 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Anybody watch Andrew Tory Brillopad grilling Corbyn? About 15 minutes on the IRA 5 minutes digging up old labour mp's quotes on him. 5-10 minutes of discussion on his policy proposals shoehorned in.

Agree with HF on this. Brillo is actually a good example of balanced main stream media interviewikg technique. Sure we all know he's a Tory but he gives all sides a grilling and will continue to ask the difficult questions the politicians don't want to answer. Have to say I thought Corbyn handled his appearance much better Ann May did. 

I thought he pressed too much on the IRA stuff. Corbyn's position was quite clear before the interview, the answers he gave after the first couple of questions weren't going to suddenly change. Seemed like a massive waste of time when he could have been scrutinising his plans for the country

Didn't see Brillo pad v Jezza but it would appear that almost unbelievably the Guardian are warming to  Corbyn....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/26/jeremy-corbyn-takes-security-risk-and-confounds-critics?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

recent history suggests that polls in the run up to elections are pretty useless but taking the latest figures at face value it seems to me that possibly we're heading for a hung parliament, which is the diametric opposite of what May called the election for :lol: 

hes been impressive tbh, because he's honest and doesn't answer in PR sound bites or Sun headlines. Big risk pointing out the link between terrorism and foreign intervention this week,  think he's trying to point out to the less well informed among us " look folks we're really not like THAT Labour Party you all remember" .  

The Guardian doesn't have a choice now - they've got to back him. That's the whole thing with Corbyn, he's forcing people to actually choose between the Tories and change.