2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

3 minutes ago, adios said:

"I'll squeam and I'll squeam" might work on holidays with your parents, but in the real world, they're laughing at her when she leaves the room.  She is not gaining any respect; she is achieving nothing positive with them.

:lol: Let's hear what your negotiating position would be when faced with a union of countries that want to make an example of you as a deterrent to anybody else thinking of jeapordising the future of the EU. Perhaps with a guitar and an upside down cap laid out in front?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

:lol: Let's hear what your negotiating position would be when faced with a union of countries that want to make an example of you as a deterrent to anybody else thinking of jeapordising the future of the EU. Perhaps with a guitar and an upside down cap laid out in front?

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I can see what you're saying but 'no deal' is likely to be far worse than a bad deal.

The EU will know this when the time comes, as will we. No deal would hurt us far more than them. She's threatening to chop our leg off in order to take out one of their toes.

Edited by Rayvin

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I can see what you're saying but 'no deal' is likely to be far worse than a bad deal.

The EU will know this when the time comes, as will we. No deal would hurt us far more than them. She's threatening to chop our leg off in order to take out one of their toes.

It's gonna be a full out war man. They will be looking to break us. Send the SAS in now and get it over with.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

The EU will know this when the time comes, as will we. No deal would hurt is far more than them. She's threatening to chop our leg off in order to take out one of their toes.

She's got no intention of it and things will get sticky if they call her bluff. They've got us over a barrel either way but the ability to "take out one of their toes" is pretty much the only leverage she has so needs to at least posture towards that

• Like 1

Just now, Park Life said:

It's gonna be a full out war man. They will be looking to break us. Send the SAS in now and get it over with.

You know, I actually think that might be one of the better negotiating strategies.

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

She's got no intention of it and things will get sticky if they call her bluff. They've got us over a barrel either way but the ability to "take out one of their toes" is pretty much the only leverage she has so needs to at least posture towards that

Suppose so. What a grim state of affairs though.

1 minute ago, Park Life said:

Didn't watch it but word is the Corbynista did quite well. If he fails here he can take over Venezuela.

I'd rate him at about a 7.435.

I just wish he'd say "yes I would drone the shit out of some terrorist threat cunt under the right circumstances".

May made him look like a superstar though.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

You know, I actually think that might be one of the better negotiating strategies.

I mean Millwall could take Luxembourg and The Headhuters end could deal wiv Estonia or Latvia or some other non-country. :D

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

So you can figure out she has no intention, but you don't think they can?  Do you see the problem?

They're laughing at Trump too, but he has the advantage of being completely fucking insane.  That would be leverage.

5 minutes ago, adios said:

I'd rate him at about a 7.435.

I just wish he'd say "yes I would drone the shit out of some terrorist threat cunt under the right circumstances".

May made him look like a superstar though.

Yeah there are moments when you want him to commit to something or other that is a hot button for the electorate and he never quite does it. His mindset is basically that of a 80's social worker. The recent suits are pukka mind and he's done something with his hair.

4 minutes ago, adios said:

They're laughing at Trump too, but he has the advantage of being completely fucking insane.  That would be leverage.

:lol: So true.

Small Mercies Dept. but at least now we know May won't be fighting the 2022 GE, there's no way the Tories will let her tarnish their brand like this for five more years regardless of what happens with Brexit.

(There we go, fate duly tempted. See you in here in five years for the vilification. :good: )

5 minutes ago, adios said:

So you can figure out she has no intention, but you don't think they can?  Do you see the problem?

Yes I see the problem, they have us over a barrel either way like I said. You still haven't offered an alternative negotiating stance though

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Yes I see the problem, they have us over a barrel either way like I said. You still haven't offered an alternative negotiating stance though

Don't make threats you clearly can't backup.  As you've said, they've got her over a barrel either way, so why lose face with a move with no value?

Do suggest leverage if you actually have it.  Otherwise, you just have to do the best deal you can do, without being soft as shite.

You do understand that negotiation isn't actually like Gordon Gekko in Wall Street?  Certainly not in the EU.

10 minutes ago, adios said:

Well this is the thing isn't it? We are literally fucked in these negotiations with May in charge. We need a powerful charismatic leader to schmooze a sub optimal  deal (the best we can get), yet here we have this pathetic "difficult  woman" thinking this self proclaimed character is a virtue. Pure self mutilation stuff this. 

1 minute ago, adios said:

Don't make threats you clearly can't backup.  As you've said, they've got her over a barrel either way, so why lose face with a move with no value?

Do suggest leverage if you actually have it.  Otherwise, you just have to do the best deal you can do, without being soft as shite.

You do understand that negotiation isn't actually like Gordon Gekko in Wall Street?  Certainly not in the EU.

I can assure you they are shitting it as well.

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Well this is the thing isn't it? We are literally fucked in these negotiations with May in charge. We need a powerful charismatic leader to schmooze a sub optimal  deal (the best we can get), yet here we have this pathetic "difficult  woman" thinking this self proclaimed character is a virtue. Pure self mutilation stuff this. 

Honestly, Corbyn is your best option.  Not sure how he fares on the "not being soft as shite" criteria though.

1 minute ago, Renton said:

The IQ's on our side are quite low by the look of things. God I'd love to be in those negotiations. :D

2 minutes ago, adios said:

Honestly, Corbyn is your best option.  Not sure how he fares on the "not being soft as shite" criteria though.

Think Basil Fawlty could do a job. :lol:

200.gif#0-grid1