2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

I'd like to see him do the dab in real life. Having some fun and displaying a personality (if he has one) during the campaign will go a long way to changing perception of him

Edited by Dr Gloom

I'd like to see him do the dab in real life. Having some fun and displaying a personality (if he he one) during the campaign will go a long way to changing perception of him

No policy in their election broadcasts, just Jezza, recreating the Weapon of Choice video from start to finish.

Melenchon has come out of nowhere in the French election on a similar platform to corbyn - more anti establishment if anything. Markets are bricking it he will make it through to the run off against Le Pen.

He's an old codger too, but unlike corbyn, he's a charismatic orator. But he ran an innovative campaign, giving an address on a barge, making speeches in multiple cities at the same time via hologram and launching a bash a banker video game (fiscal combat) where millions of voters have played as melenchon, beating up right wing opponent like sarko and legarde. Corbyn's team should take note

Edited by Dr Gloom

Melenchon has come out of nowhere in the French election on a similar platform to corbyn - more anti establishment if anything. Markets are bricking it he will make it through to the run off against Le Pen.

He's an old codger too, but unlike corbyn, he's a charismatic orator. But he ran an innovative campaign, giving address on barges, making speeches in multiple cities via hologram and launching a bash a banker video game (fiscal combat) where millions of voters have played as melenchon, beating up right wing opponent like sarko and legarde. Corbyn's team should take note

Agree in principle but it's a lot to achieve in 6 weeks.

Have to say, not convinced by the dabbing thing. Looks desperate.

The TV debates might be his best chance actually, since he's apparently very good at those. God what I wouldn't give to see a TV debate where someone from Labour didn't duck the question on the economy and simply said that the Tories and their narrative were wrong.

Have to say, not convinced by the dabbing thing. Looks desperate.

Nah, looks as as fuck.

33fhQG.gif

It's too late to change the general public's opinion of Labour's handling of the economy. Best just to try and hope that they've forgotten about it.

@Christmas Tree, how could El Corbynista win your vote?  Remembering, free bacon sndwiches aren't economically viable.

@@Renton, will you swallow your contempt and vote Corby, or is the concern of lost Labour grassroots that it'll only encoiurage him to stick around after defeat?

@Christmas Tree, how could El Corbynista win your vote? Remembering, free bacon sndwiches aren't economically viable.

@@Renton, will you swallow your contempt and vote Corby, or is the concern of lost Labour grassroots that it'll only encoiurage him to stick around after defeat?

He couldn't, he's not a "leader" and the Labour Party is not fit for purpose.

He seems a very pleasant chap and is probably a great constituency MP, but that's it.

Hopefully he's yesterday's man after the election and the Labour Party will have the opportunity to find their way ready for 2032.

Not exactly a new viewpoint though. I daresay Renton would say the same thing, and it does appear to be the challenge.

I wonder if anyone proposing not to vote for him will actually listen to what he says? Or will they just read about it in the Mail.

Hopefully he's yesterday's man after the election and the Labour Party will have the opportunity to find their way ready for 2032.

I don't know if this is a typo but it seems about right.

Not exactly a new viewpoint though. I daresay Renton would say the same thing, and it does appear to be the challenge.

I wonder if anyone proposing not to vote for him will actually listen to what he says? Or will they just read about it in the Mail.

Neither are important in staunchly red towns, but I'd be more interested in Renton's genuine answer.  Never doubted CT's. 

I guess Renton will sit this one out.  Can you vote Green in protest that Labour went too far left?

I don't think so. It'd have to be Liberal wouldn't it? Which is still a suitable solution as long as it doesn't enable a Tory. Honestly I couldn't care less who between Corbyn and Farron 'wins' the election as long as one of them does. Obviously neither will, but even so.

If I may say so you are being a bit blinkered. :)

I for one watched his speech this morning. It's the oldest trick in the book when in opposition to simply point out what's not right in the world and claim you'll throw money at it.

Most "floating" voters know this and are only persuaded when there's real vision and a professional alternative laid out for them.

Most people realise that the NHS is struggling for lots of reasons (older population, new treatments, expensive drugs, PFI payments etc) and realise an extra billion here or there isn't really going to change much.

When he can't win the support of his MP's, when polls show a vast majority of LABOUR voters have more confidence in May than him, when, after 7 years of austerity, he is 24 points behind in the polls, it's him that's the problem and not the Daily Mail.

Corbyn / McDonnell is not the dream ticket.