Other Games 18/19

Fuck me the way the media are talking about solskjaer you would have thought he's cured bastard cancer. 

They've been pretty lucky tonight. Taken their goals well Yeh but fuck. Me. Lingard should be off that's for sure. 

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Fuck me the way the media are talking about solskjaer you would have thought he's cured bastard cancer. 

They've been pretty lucky tonight. Taken their goals well Yeh but fuck. Me. Lingard should be off that's for sure. 

He’s basically not Mourinho. And that’s why the players have responded. Hope he gets the gig full time. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Mind, it really highlights how ‘the special one’ (fuck off, btw) was absolutely ruining the talent of players like Rashford and Martial 

I dislike Pogba but he was a hell of a skilful player for Juventus, he was exciting to watch. Mourinho ruined him too.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

I dislike Pogba but he was a hell of a skilful player for Juventus, he was exciting to watch. Mourinho ruined him too.

Oh, absolutely. But he was more the finished article not being utilised properly. He would’ve ended up elsewhere being a star but those two I mentioned weren’t being nurtured at all (going backwards in fact). 

People wanked off about his tactical nous but he’s essentially a more up to date version of George Graham. He found a very effective formula but he lacked the flexibility and vision to be a true great of the game. When the game moved on he couldn’t. Plus I’m biased because I always prefer those who believe in the ‘beautiful game’. Still a very good manager but not as good as he would have us believe. 

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

People wanked off about his tactical nous but he’s essentially a more up to date version of George Graham. He found a very effective formula but he lacked the flexibility and vision to be a true great of the game. When the game moved on he couldn’t. Plus I’m biased because I always prefer those who believe in the ‘beautiful game’. Still a very good manager but not as good as he would have us believe. 

Seemed to lose his eye for a player too. His first signings at Chelsea were astonishingly good. He went from finding the likes of Robben and Essien to spunking a fortune on the likes of Bailly and Fred.

• Like 1

Could've done with a winner between palace and southampton since the draw means they both gain some ground on us but other than that results really did go our way in this midweek set of fixtures.

30 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Could've done with a winner between palace and southampton since the draw means they both gain some ground on us but other than that results really did go our way in this midweek set of fixtures.

Can't figure your figuring Andrew.   A win would have put one of them above us in the table.  As it is, a draw has kept them both below us..............................for now.:)

19 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Can't figure your figuring Andrew.   A win would have put one of them above us in the table.  As it is, a draw has kept them both below us..............................for now.:)

I figure the points difference is more important than the positional one at this point in the season.

we're safer by being ahead of 5 teams who are 2, 3 and more points behind us than we are ahead of 6 when three of them are only 1 point behind us.