Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

9 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

yes, it is possible to hate the man u loving fat fraud even more.

Aye. Just ignore the fact he did the square root if fuck all to generate income. One fat fraud defending another. 

• Like 8

Bruce, man. :lol: At his age and at his payoff total you'd think he'd just be happy sipping Pina coladas in casa [insert latest club to have payed him off here] but he's just not happy unless he's either got the violins out for himself or sticking up for his benefactor who sorted a new expensive pay off deal for him knowing he was likely selling the club and foisting the Bruce windfall onto somebody else. Just fuck off and shut the fuck up, man. Honestly. :lol:

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Aye, and he still get's his residuals from his stint as Bond, the greedy fucker.

Nailed on Alex made that for his Dad. 

• Haha 5

Well you’re talking about someone who has made millions and millions of pounds purely off getting binned early for doing a series shit jobs. The second half of his career being especially bad. Yet is also so fucking greedy he’s a slum landlord. And like HMHM says, even then he plays the hard done to victim every time he opens his mouth  

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I wonder if Bruce has heard Ashley is getting back into the football game and is angling for the manager job at wherever that is. Much like his embarrassing attempt to get the South Korea job :lol: 

Nah, he doesn’t do tactics. 

• Haha 1

A question on FFP. 

If payments for a player are amortised over 5 years, do installment payments for a player sold only count in each installment year or does the whole fee count for the year of sale? 

No doubt it's an accounting exercise but can someone explain please? 

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Fuckin hell, accountant wars :cuppa:

Unfortunately for legal reasons these must be described as ‘so called accountant’ wars.

• Haha 9

24 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I bet Gemmill is about to say something that makes him sound like a right cunt.

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

OMG he was asking about proceeds from player sales and how revenue recognition works! RTFQ, as Dave Royston at Kaplan used to tell us.

🙁 

Seeing as Gemmill is of absolutely no use to anyone, the entire fee is recognised in the year of sale. The payment structure is of no relevance. So selling Longstaff for £100m would, in theory, allow us to buy £500m worth of players this summer on five years contracts. The problem is we would have to keep finding that £100m profit per season for the next five seasons.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Seeing as Gemmill is of absolutely no use to anyone, the entire fee is recognised in the year of sale. The payment structure is of no relevance. So selling Longstaff for £100m would, in theory, allow us to buy £500m worth of players this summer on five years contracts. The problem is we would have to keep finding that £100m profit per season for the next five seasons.

Thanks. That's what I assumed but winding up Gemma is always a fun bonus. 🙂 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Thank fuck Ashworth has left Newcastle, if this would be his idea for replacing Howe.

Maguire reinstated as captain, Henderson and Phillips to "boss" the midfield, world record transfer fee for a goalie broken to bring in Pickford, Rashford benched. Something tells me Ratcliffe wasn't watching the owld footy back when Southgate dry fucked McClaren's league cup winning, UEFA cup finalists into the championship (in a way that they've never recovered from).

It goes without saying that I hope this happens.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Maguire reinstated as captain, Henderson and Phillips to "boss" the midfield, world record transfer fee for a goalie broken to bring in Pickford, Rashford benched. Something tells me Ratcliffe wasn't watching the owld footy back when Southgate dry fucked McClaren's league cup winning, UEFA cup finalists into the championship (in a way that they've never recovered from).

It goes without saying that I hope this happens.

They'll all be given "vitamin shots" and become world beaters. (copyright Wyki)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Thank fuck Ashworth has left Newcastle, if this would be his idea for replacing Howe.

ewerk has already called you a chocolate teapot this morning and now this?… you need to up your game son :cuppa:

• Haha 5

People just take more notice when I post stuff. If you've got anything you want to really land with the TT public, PM it to me and I'll stick it up for you.

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

They'll all be given "vitamin shots" and become world beaters. (copyright Wyki)

They'd be better off hiring an ex-Bayern manager then, they know all about the "vitamins"