Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Itโ€™s a shame sports direct is such a successful model. Everything else he touches turns to shit.ย 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I see Mike Ashley has failed in his attempt to stop us having an exclusive kit deal with JD Sports. So sad.ย 

Almost as if exclusive lines are a common thing in the sports tat industry :lol:

Would like to see him resurrect his career. But when I read that I thought itโ€™s something he should have kept to himself. Itโ€™s not exactly realistic given how little football heโ€™s played recently.ย 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Whose books is he even on now? Everton or that Turkish side?

Everton's I believe. He was only on loan in Turkey. He's been injured I think though, so no idea if and when he'll be back - but he's not kicked a ball in at least a year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Everton's I believe. He was only on loan in Turkey. He's been injured I think though, so no idea if and when he'll be back - but he's not kicked a ball in at least a year.

Heโ€™s got a hip injury and out of contract at the end of the season anyway I think. Itโ€™s the same issue that saw the loan cut short. But currently on Evertonโ€™s books, ayeย 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Heโ€™s got a hip injury and out of contract at the end of the season anyway I think. Itโ€™s the same issue that saw the loan cut short. But currently on Evertonโ€™s books, ayeย 

ย 

Hopefully the kid has managed to deal with his demons now he's spoken openly about it and got the help he needed. If he fully recovers from his injury he could be a frightening free transfer for someone if he can get his pre-Jose form back. Wouldn't be a bad signing for a Brentford or Fulham type team where there's a bit less pressure if he leaves Everton.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

โ€œEven a stopped clockโ€ etc etc :cuppa:

ย 

ย 

Thank fuck we're a supermarket then, eh? :lol:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah, seen it at least half a dozen times :lol:ย 

Fucking hell, imagine having a Supermarket propping your club up financially with rent etc and quite literally propping up one of your stands :lol: