Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

A couple of those youtubers were having a go at Son - maybe because they don't like him playing centrally - but I'd certainly have him for us if they don't want him. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Oooo are the Spuds fans not happy with Flange?

I reckon playing with just 9 players will cost them over the course of the match 

• Haha 6

I think he's been found out. You can play that high line in the SPL because of the relative quality of Celtic vs the rest of the league. You just can't do it in a stronger league - even Man City would lose too many games to win the league if he tried it with their squad. 

Looked mint when he first turned up, and he was a breath of fresh air in terms of interviews etc. 

But I think they're in for a much tougher season next time out. Which is great news for us. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think he's been found out. You can play that high line in the SPL because of the relative quality of Celtic vs the rest of the league. You just can't do it in a stronger league - even Man City would lose too many games to win the league if he tried it with their squad. 

Looked mint when he first turned up, and he was a breath of fresh air in terms of interviews etc. 

But I think they're in for a much tougher season next time out. Which is great news for us. 

Emery plays the same suicidal high line, Howe stuck with it for too long as well. 

With the right keeper you can get away with it more often than not. Villa have Martinez and we have Pope so we can rely on them, not sure Vicario is the same profile of keeper though 

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Emery plays the same suicidal high line, Howe stuck with it for too long as well. 

With the right keeper you can get away with it more often than not. Villa have Martinez and we have Pope so we can rely on them, not sure Vicario is the same profile of keeper though 

Spurs can't defend though. Ange's answer to that was to buy a fast bloke, only to discover that, per Rio Ferdinand, he's actually TOO FAST for his own feet. 

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

2 x 19 year olds apparently. Twitter sleuths trying to figure out which PL teams played at home over the weekend and have 2 x 19 year olds in their squad 

Everton or Villa is my guess like just looking at their lineups from the weekend.

:lol:

He looks perfect for them. He'll end up there, I'm sure. He's up for it, they'll just have to make it worth Feyenoord's while to lose him. 

I hope he's a big, arrogant, hopeless shithouse. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 12/12/2013 at 16:50, Gemmill said:

My hairline is going the way of yours, aye. I'm 38 this week though, so I'm ok with it.

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Yep, who'd be a baldy eh?! Not me that's for sure! 

Either you’re a MASSIVE liar or you’ve had a ‘holiday’ to Turkey in the last ten years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Either you’re a MASSIVE liar or you’ve had a ‘holiday’ to Turkey in the last ten years.

:lol:if there's any skeletons in your closet on here, trust ewerk will find them 

• Haha 7

17 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Premier League Football GIF by Liverpool FC

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Everton or Villa is my guess like just looking at their lineups from the weekend.

Youth team members often go to stadiums with the first team squad, so there's no guarantee that these two players were actually in the named match day squad.

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I keeps it real and it gets shaved though, unlike the hair horseshoe! 

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I keeps it real and it gets shaved though, unlike the hair horseshoe! 

I've been a Remington Quick Cut user for about ten years now. It's the dog's balls.

39 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I mean it was clearly a fucking joke, Inspector O'Clouseau. 

He was caught out by it being such a rare instance of self deprecation 👍🏻

• Haha 3