Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I assume they'll be repaying the £120m lottery grant they got towards the building cost.

Aye, those were my thoughts, i.e. how much public money from various different sources went into this and how much will they have to pay back?

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Quite like the idea of the England team travelling the country if I'm honest.

I liked it when they did it before, got to see them play at old trafford since I'm never going to wembley for an england game.

Wembley is shite anyway, Hodgson wants england to stay there, says he'll be "disappointed" if they don't but can't offer a reason why.

I've seen it being decried that they can't sell such an "iconic" venue, but the old wembley was iconic, the new ones never been good.

Get that stupid white elephant flogged, bulldoze it with the england band playing the great escape on the centre circle so they go with it.

• Haha 1

Aye, it was good when they toured the country and despite the usual 'no surrender' knackers in attendance it was good to see them at SJP. But surely they'll still play their games at Wembley to fulfill the Club Wembley (or whatever it's called) obligations

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Get that stupid white elephant flogged, bulldoze it with the england band playing the great escape on the centre circle so they go with it.

:lol: Is there anyone that likes those cunts? No idea why they fucking do it. 

Whenever I think of England at a World Cup all I come up with is them wankers parping out the great escape theme tune while Gerrard and Lampard look absolutely paggered walking back to the centre circle after conceding to some shite team. I honestly do think if England want to reinvigorate the National side they should ban that fucking band, they just add to the feeling it’s all half arsed. 

I suppose England traveling all over will increase the chances the band wouldn’t be able to make it, or possibly run out of money. The issue is iirc some fucking waster of a company funds the tragic cunts. 

Weren't they originally a Sheff Wed band who their fan base took a dislike to because 1) they're shite and 2) they're seen as proper Jonahs who've coincided with the club's demise

38 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Is there anyone that likes those cunts? No idea why they fucking do it. 

Whenever I think of England at a World Cup all I come up with is them wankers parping out the great escape theme tune while Gerrard and Lampard look absolutely paggered walking back to the centre circle after conceding to some shite team. I honestly do think if England want to reinvigorate the National side they should ban that fucking band, they just add to the feeling it’s all half arsed.  

:lol: and now a new generation will have the same but with Kane and Alli looking gutted 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Howay said:

So Glenn fucking Hoddle is to blame. 

Probably got the idea from that daft psychic bint he used to knock around with.

"You know what you need Glenn, some fat cunt playing the Great Escape on a trombone"

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sonatine said:

Probably got the idea from that daft psychic bint he used to knock around with.

"You know what you need Glenn, some fat cunt playing the Great Escape on a trombone"

:lol: I was just about to post this: Eileen Drury told him they'd be good

3 hours ago, Howay said:

Is there anyone that likes those cunts?

Some UKIP-er from Lincoln called Terry. Him and Colin, the bloke he met dogging.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, adios said:

Bless you for evening out the average in one go.

Thank you for your sacrifice.

I think Bellamy and Cameron do their bit too, to be fair