Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Will either of them get another Premier League job? Maybe one of the promoted sides might panic and give Allardyce 12 games to save their season, but I can't see anyone going for Mr Moyestivator, even in desperation.

21 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Will either of them get another Premier League job? Maybe one of the promoted sides might panic and give Allardyce 12 games to save their season, but I can't see anyone going for Mr Moyestivator, even in desperation.

Can't see why either wouldn't. Both improved their respective clubs position this season. HH in particular will always be able to get his signature firefighting jobs and tbf, he's alright at it 

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Didn't Pardew and Alan Curbishley swap Charlton & West Ham?...

That rings a bell. I could imagine Everton taking Moyes back. Not sure West Ham would take Allardyce back mind :lol:

46 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If Benitez goes, I can see us getting Moyes.

46 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Can't see why either wouldn't. Both improved their respective clubs position this season. HH in particular will always be able to get his signature firefighting jobs and tbf, he's alright at it 

Because he's expensive to employ and expensive to get rid of.

Moyes would need to bring a Championship club up to manage in the top flight again, I reckon.

23 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

What is wrong with you?

Allardyce is 'expensive' in the sense it's a fucking disgrace he's just trousered another £9m or whatever but not in the sense that he's kept them up. I know you can argue they would've stayed up anyway (pretty sure they would have) but the board at Everton obviously didn't see it that way so it's a relatively small investment in return for (almost) guaranteed safety. Bet Moyes gets another PL job as well.

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

What is wrong with you?

You think Ashley wouldn't go for Moyes? Someone who has proven he can keep clubs up on small budgets (Sunderland aside but they're a demonstrable basketcase, and their successive relegation probably absolves Moyes of some blame really). I can see it.

Moyes has had about 4 jobs since leaving Everton and been a failure at all of them so he's probably on Ashley's short list

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Moyes has had about 4 jobs since leaving Everton and been a failure at all of them so he's probably on Ashley's short list

I would call his stint at Man Utd, given what has followed it, about as good as could have been expected - though he was clearly out of his depth. Real Sociedad was another country and again, out of his comfort zone. Sunderland :lol:. West Ham he has managed to keep up, which was his brief, no?

I'm not saying he's great, I'm saying he's inevitable.

Just now, Rayvin said:

I would call his stint at Man Utd, given what has followed it, about as good as could have been expected - though he was clearly out of his depth. Real Sociedad was another country and again, out of his comfort zone. Sunderland :lol:. West Ham he has managed to keep up, which was his brief, no?

I'm not saying he's great, I'm saying he's inevitable.

He hasn't even lasted a year at West Ham. That's pushing the definition of success to the limit. It's debatable how much of a 'failure' he was at those jobs (Sunderland apart) but he never managed any of them for a full season (Sunderland apart again, ironically).

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Fucking hell mate you just made me cringe, sad, feel sick and kick the dog all at the same time. 

Not even Ashley would do that us.would he :ph34r:

57 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

You think Ashley wouldn't go for Moyes? Someone who has proven he can keep clubs up on small budgets (Sunderland aside but they're a demonstrable basketcase, and their successive relegation probably absolves Moyes of some blame really). I can see it.

Oh it's plausible, but why would you suggest it in an open forum? Some nightmares are best kept to yourself.

My bad :lol:

Tbh though, I don't think it makes much difference. If Benitez goes, is Ashley going to appoint someone good or someone who defines the word mediocre? We all know.

The kids have just beaten Leicester kids in the "HKFC Soccer Sevens" to get to the final. Final is live on youtube.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

The kids have just beaten Leicester kids in the "HKFC Soccer Sevens" to get to the final. Final is live on youtube.

Kicking off imminently if anyone is interested.

9 hours ago, The Fish said:

Newcastle's  Victor Fernandez wins player of the tournament.  Newcastle beat Rangers in the final with a golden goal. ( 0-0) 

Edited by Tdansmith

12 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

Newcastle's  Victor Fernandez wins player of the tournament.  Newcastle beat Rangers in the final with a golden goal. ( 0-0) 

Kid's got talent but he's like nearly every single talented kid ever. Skips and tricks his way past a few challenges and is in the box at a very tight angle, instead of passing to the now open man for a simple assist, he takes a 100/1 shot and misses. Needs to grow up a lot.