Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I don’t know Callum.  But you weren’t arsed when it came to your own website (https://realcombatmedia.com), with its in depth coverage of Joshua vs Ruiz II so why are you arsed now? Fuck off

I think it's fair to say that the journalists aren't winning hearts and minds from our lot on this.   We're going to have a club-wide siege mentality at this rate. As Strawb says, thick skin

Posted Images

It seems like one of 2 scenarios to me

1- Takeover isn’t happening and SA are throwing their toys out of the pram

2 - Takeover is done, It’s been discussed with the premier league already and the plan is to compensate Bein and SA to pay for their own tv rights

I'm having a hard time believing that the PL would so openly bloody the nose of an existing rights partner tbh...

Having said that, I also feel as though this wouldn't have happened without a conclusion having been reached one way or the other, unless the whole situation with NUFC is far less important to SA than we think it is.

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm having a hard time believing that the PL would so openly bloody the nose of an existing rights partner tbh...

Having said that, I also feel as though this wouldn't have happened without a conclusion having been reached one way or the other, unless the whole situation with NUFC is far less important to SA than we think it is.

PL hasn't had to do anything though, SA is the one acting. 

Yes but the PL now has to either support SA, or support BeIn - there's not exactly a middleground here. It's not obvious to me that they'll go for SA unless they really have tied all this up and they're also ok with SA rubbing salt into the wound.

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

I reckon they’ve been approved, money’s on the move and they’ve said “right Bein/Qatar you cernts”

also point remains legal entity the SA gov’t ain’t the ones looking to buy us

Yeah, I guess that’s option 3. PL have agreed Staveley and PIF are a separate entity and whatever SA do now can’t affect the takeover either way 

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Yeah, I guess that’s option 3. PL have agreed Staveley and PIF are a separate entity and whatever SA do now can’t affect the takeover either way 

I maintain my position that I just cannot see the PL decreeing that the royal house of a major ally/trading partner is unfit to run a bloody football club.

45 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

My thoughts exactly, NUFC is just a side bet, the main pot is broadcasting across MENA

Decent point made on Twitter, watching Bein legally was banned in SA and today just legally confirms/tidies that up and opens it up for SA to pay for rights to legally broadcast because no way would they buy a club their people couldn’t watch.

anybody else remember the olden days when  all piracy meant was you could play snidey games on your ps2 or your chipped virgin box meant you had to be careful your lass didn't catch you knocking a sly one out watching the adult channel after midnight?

these days your entire relationship with the football club you've loved since you were a kid is dependant on it.

fucking progress eh?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It could all be part of the PL’s plan to draw a line under this. Saudi Arabia agrees not to facilitate piracy and simply bans Bein from their jurisdiction and hopefully the TV rights become less of an issue.

59 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

anybody else remember the olden days when  all piracy meant was you could play snidey games on your ps2 or your chipped virgin box meant you had to be careful your lass didn't catch you knocking a sly one out watching the adult channel after midnight?

these days your entire relationship with the football club you've loved since you were a kid is dependant on it.

fucking progress eh?!

Noelie remembers when it meant he could go round the Caribbean in a man-o-war, drinking rum and stealing Spanish gold 

• Haha 9