Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I don’t know Callum.  But you weren’t arsed when it came to your own website (https://realcombatmedia.com), with its in depth coverage of Joshua vs Ruiz II so why are you arsed now? Fuck off

Dorty bastards.

Posted Images

This from todays Chronicle ...

It is understood that the Premier League has also yet to begin conducting a ‘fit and proper person test’, Such a process can take weeks, and would need to occur before the Premier League could ratify any new ownership of the Magpies.

22 hours ago, trooper said:

This from todays Chronicle ...

It is understood that the Premier League has also yet to begin conducting a ‘fit and proper person test’, Such a process can take weeks, and would need to occur before the Premier League could ratify any new ownership of the Magpies.

The doesn't stop an ownership change though, can happen after a takeover, lets face it it's unlikely any owner would fail those tests given we're not being bought by the Russian mafia unlike some.

Agreed. I assume the bloke is trying to create a story that this is Ashley clawing back a bigger percentage of Sports Direct using proceeds of the sale of NUFC, but as you say it’s not going to be out of his pocket with a buy back from a PLC that I assume he isn’t in full control of. I would have thought any move like that would have come through MASH Holdings rather than Sports Direct International. 

Edited by Howay
25 minutes ago, Howay said:

Agreed. I assume the bloke is trying to create a story that this is Ashley clawing back a bigger percentage of Sports Direct using proceeds of the sale of NUFC, but as you say it’s not going to be out of his pocket with a buy back from a PLC that I assume he isn’t in full control of. I would have thought any move like that would have come through MASH Holdings rather than Sports Direct International. 

Don't companies dish out shares when they need to raise a lot of money for investment etc ?

Buyback normally means the opposite so is the biggest shareholder expecting a lumpa from somewhere else ?

Just guessing like, and hoping.

18 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Buyback normally means the opposite so is the biggest shareholder expecting a lumpa from somewhere else ?

Just guessing like, and hoping.

The money for a buyback won't come from Ashley though. It will come from Sports Direct's retained earnings.

• Like 1