Newcastle United v Swansea City St James' Park, Premier League 13 Jan 2018 KO 300pm

Tdansmith

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

He's a wanker and for a talented lad, shit. I'm getting bored of him

The more I watch of Shelvey the more it becomes clear he's absolutely brainless. The prime example for me today was when we were a goal down, had to give the ball back to Swansea and Shelvey smacks it out for a goal kick right by the corner flag. Literally as good a job of time wasting as I've ever seen when we're the ones behind.

Yedlin and Ritchie pissing about then rather than getting a fucking cross in, infuriating.

Has anyone noticed how absurdly often our through balls hit the back of the player who is supposed to be running onto them? There've been like 5 in this match alone

You'd want to be beating Swansea, though I think we've played them at a bad time with the new manager.

In fairness they were much the better team in the second half, and nearly won it at the end, so I think we can be fairly happy with 1-1. Missed chance to go tenth though.

I fault Benitez for that loss of 2 points.

Diame ahead of Merino............Bullshit.

Bringing Merino on in the last 10 minutes.......Bullshit.

Wake-up Rafa.

Game should have been won in the first half with the chances we  had and the amount of possession.

Lost the plot in the second and have easily thrown the game away.........nearly did.