Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

For me, it's just diminishing returns. The last one I really enjoyed was X-Men First Class and that's just because the X-Men are the actual best comic book team, for rightsies. Before that, it was probably Dark Knight. Avengers was alright but Whedon's writing style winds me up.

I believe Jason Statham is the new villain in Fast and Furious 7 so hopefully that will usher in the new golden age of cinema. It's set AFTER Tokyo Drift too which means some major business will be going down. I can't wait.

I think they're trying to subvert the genre.

For me, it's just diminishing returns. The last one I really enjoyed was X-Men First Class and that's just because the X-Men are the actual best comic book team, for rightsies. Before that, it was probably Dark Knight. Avengers was alright but Whedon's writing style winds me up.

Is it too "banter"y for your taste?

I think they're trying to subvert the genre.

They've been doing it all along but nobody has realised until now. They operate on a level to to other films because other films care too much about the wrong stuff. Or maybe the right stuff but this basically sums it all up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHsgjNPm-Rc

Dark Skies - Better than expected. Reviews slated it so my expectations were low, reminded me a bit of signs.

Similarly watched The Last Exorcism 2 which was also meant to be shite. It was "ok" nowt special but watchable if you like that kinda thing.

Safety Not Guaranteed - A "nice" film. another film if theres nowt on TV its ok to fill a void.

Doubt

Cracking performances all round, but most of all from Meryl the Streep. About a head nun that investigates the priest of her parish for noncing. Provides an argument that being a victim of the noncing isn't necessarily the worst thing in the world either...which was a bit surprising.