Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

:lol: Alex's bordering the realms of needing to apologize to everyone for that one.

:lol: Almost appended it with an apology of some sort as it happens.

:lol: I'm glad you didn't, the abruptness of that brutal joke is half the laugh from it.

Yeah, I thought I'd play it deadpan ;)

Btw, this is what it must be like when Fish and KCG get together.

Not really, there's usually more snogging.

:lol: Like dropping a nightmare of a fart and just calmly walking away tbh.

We could analyze this horror show of a joke for at least another two pages but we'll spare everyone. 

LIFE. By the numbers low rent Sci fi. Predictable and boring. Was rooting for the alien after half an hour. Some funny bits.

5.5/10

I thought it was ok and couldn't really work out why I didn't enjoy it more.  Probably because, like you say, it was a bit by the numbers and there was nothing surprising or new in it.  I did like the ending though.

Free Fire.  I've been disappointed in Ben Wheatley's last two films after loving Kill List and Sightseers but this was right back to form for me.  The cast were all excellent but I thought Sharlto Copely, Armie Hammer and Sam Riley were particularly good getting most of the best lines.

The good, the bad and the ugly.

I always thought I'd seen this but obviously must've only been bits of it. Brilliant filmmaking and music and the ending scene fitting of the film.

Ghost in the Shell.

It could have been good but fails in some obvious ways, especially the first half. Weirdly it takes off in the second half (just as I was thinking of nodding off) and I started feeling emotionally connected. There's a lot of highy stylised set pieces and in amongst all that she is looking for her past/ghost etc...(Handled clumsily). Blind Samurai is the best thing in it and his scenes give the film much needed ballast and gravitas as it threatens to spin off into video game territory. All in all quite hollow and lacking in ideas - all the ideas are in the style rather than the plot or characters.

6.6/10

To flesh out this kind of character you can give them somewhere to live (not just popping in and out the lab)...And in this microcosm little character traits/flaws/glitches can be born. Normally counter intuitive surrounding work well (old furniture, plants and so on...) Some picture or poster she salvaged from the garbage.... :D

Because you can't connect with her till nearly the end you don't care about her and then the fight scenes are just rote. I also don't know why she goes around looking like a skinhead girl.

Edited by Park Life

Ghost in the Shell.

It could have been good but fails in some obvious ways, especially the first half. Weirdly it takes off in the second half (just as I was thinking of nodding off) and I started feeling emotionally connected. There's a lot of highy stylised set pieces and in amongst all that she is looking for her past/ghost etc...(Handled clumsily). Blind Samurai is the best thing in it and his scenes give the film much needed ballast and gravitas as it threatens to spin off into video game territory. All in all quite hollow and lacking in ideas - all the ideas are in the style rather than the plot or characters.

6.6/10

To flesh out this kind of character you can give them somewhere to live (not just popping in and out the lab)...And in this microcosm little character traits/flaws/glitches can be born. Normally counter intuitive surrounding work well (old furniture, plants and so on...) Some picture or poster she salvaged from the garbage.... :D

Because you can't connect with her till nearly the end you don't care about her and then the fight scenes are just rote. I also don't know why she goes around looking like a skinhead girl.

I'd go 6.7 on this with the extra mark being for the 3D which was some of the best I've seen outside the likes of Avatar and Gravity.

I'd go 6.7 on this with the extra mark being for the 3D which was some of the best I've seen outside the likes of Avatar and Gravity.

Clearly forgot the Dolby Digital coefficient to bring it up to 6.875.