Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Vertigo is Hitchcock's best film without a doubt for me. North By Northwest is a great film nevertheless, I love the crop duster scene. I also love how Cary Grant spent most of his time wondering what the fuck was going on while shooting the film :lol:  Now that is a true sign of a complex script for me and it just added to the film even more, pure genius.

Seeing as we're making a list of all Hitchcock's films, might as well list this one.

Only just discovered yesterday that Charade is not a Hitchcock film.

Vertigo is Hitchcock's best film without a doubt for me. North By Northwest is a great film nevertheless, I love the crop duster scene. I also love how Cary Grant spent most of his time wondering what the fuck was going on while shooting the film :lol:  Now that is a true sign of a complex script for me and it just added to the film even more, pure genius.

funny that, i know that's the consensus but that's the one i never really got. 

Get Out. 

unique-ish story line but I worked out what was going on pretty quickly.  7/10. 

Really enjoyed this one too, but was a little disappointed it didn't hit classic status given the ratings it got.

Vertigo is probably my favourite from NBNW and Dial M For Murder.

The Lady Vanishes, Saboteur, Shadow Of A Doubt, Suspicion, Frenzy and Notorious are all excellent (and not mentioned above).  Rebecca is the one I can't quite get my head around despite having the fantastic George Sanders in it.

GOG2

My God! It was so entertaining I forgot about my tub of ice cream.

6.8/10

Off to see this tonight, if it's got a 6.8 from you I'm expecting it to be a very good Comicbook movie.

Some Joe & Sephs popcorn, a bottle of Ribena and a couple of hours of silliness :good:

Off to see this tonight, if it's got a 6.8 from you I'm expecting it to be a very good Comicbook movie.

Some Joe & Sephs popcorn, a bottle of Ribena and a couple of hours of silliness :good:

It is really entertaining and quite a few laughs.

Ended up watching a few Kermode favourites recently, more by accident than design. Pan's Labyrinth didn't grip me like I expected it to, but then I was watching it in SD. Pride was a surprisingly cheery fable considering everyone ultimately loses and/or dies, but I suppose that's very British in its own way. Chicken is quiet and terrific, so I'll give the flappy-handed man that one.

I'm home alone next week so there'll probably be more of this shit to come.

North By Northwest. Few better ways to spend a Saturday afternoon when there's no match on than going to the Tyneside to see this absolute classic.

Me and Alex are on about going to see Yojimbo there soon as when the Hitchcock season is finish it's Kurosawa next.

Really enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy 2. They played it for laughs and it worked really well. Some of the cameos were fucking hilarious as well. 

Marvel still churning out more hits than misses. :good:

Really enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy 2. They played it for laughs and it worked really well. Some of the cameos were fucking hilarious as well. 

Marvel still churning out more hits than misses. :good:

I really wasn't expecting anything so entertaining.

I really wasn't expecting anything so entertaining.

I was expecting humour and Baysplosions, but this was far more entertaining than I was expecting.

Curious to see how they're going to dovetail all of these disparate characters in the future Avengers films. I mean, Whedon is used to an ensemble cast and he gave each character sufficient screen time to get the audience on board. The Russos did ok, with the next one, but the next 2 Avengers movies are going to have all the Avengers and their support characters like Fury(12?), all the Guardians of the Galaxy (7?), + a bunch of standalone characters like Spider Man and Dr Strange, plus characters we've not seen before like Captain Marvel. That's 20 odd characters, some of whom will obviously not feature much, but even if you drill down tot he key players, you're still talking about a dozen or so characters who'll need a fair amount of screen time across two movies, right?

I've no idea how they're going to juggle all of them + the actors' egos.

Edited by The Fish

To watch logan do you have to watch all the others in it to understand it?

Nope, it deliberately stands alone.