Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Watched Rocky 6 last night. I'm a big fan of 1-4, but that was absolute dog shit. :lol:

Bastards! I fully expected it to be shit, but was hoping against hope for some sort of worthy sign-off. Is it really crap then?

Its full of 'emotional' rants from Rocky, like when the boxing board rejected his application he started screaming about how America is the land of the free and all this bollocks and he should be allowed to do what makes him happy.

Then another one later to his son, goes from a normal conversation to Rocky just screaming at him about how he needs to better himself. Then the obligatory rubbish argument with Paulie. :lol:

The fight was horrendous, much of it was in slow motion and a fair bit done through the blurry eyes of Rocky, which was cheese-tastic. I know Rocky has always been OTT in the fight scenes, but for a 60 odd year old man to take a 30 year old heavyweight champion to 10 rounds is just ridiculous! ;)

I have Porco Rosso and Shaolin Soccer still in their wrapping to be watched.

Shaolin Soccer is even better than Kung Fu Hustle, which shits on Ong Bak.

Kung Fu Hustle >>> Shaolin Soccer imo... Never seen Ong Bak so can't really comment on that. Kung Fu Hustle is fucking hilarious man.

They're both superb, but Shaolin Soccer is a work of genius.

For those that haven't seen it. A youtuber has condensed it into 10 minutes for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTxM8YTf_7w

Rocky Balboa - Shite. Very little to get involved in. The poor build up to a meaningless fight. The fact the lip sinc. went towards the end didnt help either :lol:

Apocalypto - Sounds like a lolly, but was actually pretty good. Action kinda flick that kept you entertained throughout. Not a very deep plot, so it was easy to watch. But, worth seeing.

Watched The Sting again last night. Quality. Watched Jarhead on Friday night. Enjoyed it.

Great film (in the true sense of the word anarl). Quite liked Jarhead too.

Lost In Translation - really enjoyed it tbh. Well acted with good dialogue and it managed to be funny and sad at the same time. Worth a watch.

Excellent film. Can't go far wrong with Scarlett Johansson mind. :lol:

Guest stevieintoon

Spader is a legend tbh. Him and Shatner in Boston Legal = TV Heaven. :lol:

Two Fast, Two Furious - Tokyo Drift

Without doubt the single worst film I've seen since Lawnmower Man 2. The acting is so pathetic, the story line absolutely shite, what a waste of 90 odd minutes of my life.

Deja Vu. Was alright, bit of a silly plot though. Although if it wasn't for Denzel Washington it would've been awful.

I thought Deja Vu was brilliant. One of the best films of 2006 for me.

Moolaade - African film about female circumcision which is an ancient tradition over there. Sounds a bit of a slog, but it's actually full of good humour along with it's message. Recommended.

The Consequences of Love - Starts like a slow brooding Kieslowskiesque meditation then turns into a pumped up thriller and ends as a mafia movie. It's fantastic. And Olivia Magnani has gone straight to the top of my sexiest women list.

Moolaade - African film about female circumcision which is an ancient tradition over there. Sounds a bit of a slog, but it's actually full of good humour along with it's message. Recommended.

The Consequences of Love - Starts like a slow brooding Kieslowskiesque meditation then turns into a pumped up thriller and ends as a mafia movie. It's fantastic. And Olivia Magnani has gone straight to the top of my sexiest women list.

The bit in italics being a bit of a misnomer when you think about what they actually do. Horrible.

The bit in italics being a bit of a misnomer when you think about what they actually do. Horrible.

I'll refer to it as "female genital mutilation" forthwith.

I'll refer to it as "female genital mutilation" forthwith.

Not having a go at you like, just the phrase doesn't do the deed 'justice'.

And I watched 'The Running Man' last night - some quality lines in it :lol:

I started watching Brick last night and I am really enjoying it so far (except for some of the dialogue being barely audible and there being no subtitles on my disk).

The main character comes across as Philip Marlowe in High School.

And I watched 'The Running Man' last night - some quality lines in it :lol:

What happened to Buzzsaw?

He had to split.

Killian, here's your Subzero, now plain zero.

Hey, Lighthead! Hey, Christmas Tree!

:lol: