Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Watched Remember The Titans last night.

Has Denzil made a bad film?

The Pelican Brief was pretty shite so I recall.

Hannibal - 6/10 Worst of the books so the film obviously suffers with that (and Hopkins hamming up Lecter too much, Cox's Lecktor was better) but I still find it enjoyable.

If - 7/10 First time I've seen this and it's good but I'm not entirely sure which bits were real and which fantasy.

A Place In The Sun - 7/10 A bit melodramatic and I think it would have worked better as a Hitchcock type thriller (which it seemed to veer towards at points) but thoroughly enjoyable and Monty Clift is very good.

Stardust - 8/10 Excellent Princess Bride type affair (not as good like but not much is) with De Niro one of many fine performances. Only the main guy lets it down a bit on that score.

The Wrestler - 6/10 Ok but nowt special. I found the constant shots of Mick Rourke from behind annoying (Aronofsky always seems to me like he wants to be noticed in his films) and also found it difficult to concentrate on anything except how fucked up Rourke looks these days. The bits with his daughter were really good though.

Defiance - about the The Bielski Brothers.

You tube has 6 part documentary telling the true story.

Sad film, but interesting and well portrayed, how much they struggled against all odds to survive the Germans during WWII.

Is that the one with the Billy Elliot kid in?

Defiance - about the The Bielski Brothers.

You tube has 6 part documentary telling the true story.

Sad film, but interesting and well portrayed, how much they struggled against all odds to survive the Germans during WWII.

Is that the one with the Billy Elliot kid in?

Aye, and him off Corrie, the eco warrior kid, can't remember his name.

Slightly off topic, but did anyone hear/see Winslet's acceptance 'speech' at the G Globes the other day?? Phoney, or what.

It totally lacked any sincerity, she is the quintessential acting "Luvvie".

Slightly off topic, but did anyone hear/see Winslet's acceptance 'speech' at the G Globes the other day?? Phoney, or what.

It saddened me as she's on my "you don't really want to know how many people I'd kill for a chance with her" list.

Gran Torrino - 8/10 Well made film that I really enjoyed. Eastwood is class and could be playing a retired Dirty Harry. The Korean kid isn't much of an actor but it doesn't harm the film.

I really enjoyed it.

Gran Torrino - 8/10 Well made film that I really enjoyed. Eastwood is class and could be playing a retired Dirty Harry. The Korean kid isn't much of an actor but it doesn't harm the film.

I really enjoyed it.

I've got The Changling to watch too which I'm looking forward too. Eastwood is a quality filmaker.