Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Cannes Film Festival winner Gomorrah has failed to progress in the race for best foreign language film prize at the Oscars next month.

The Italian mafia movie, which won the grand prix at the French gala, is not in the Academy's nine-strong shortlist.

Golden Globe-winning Israeli animation Waltz With Bashir is joined by films from countries including Austria, Germany, Mexico and Turkey.

Five finalists will be announced at the Oscars nominations on 22 January.

A total of 65 films were originally considered for selection, and whittled down by members of the Academy.

Committees in New York and Los Angeles will spend this weekend watching three of the nine finalists a day to determine the final list.

Waltz With Bashir could be in line for two major Oscar nods at the ceremony in the best foreign language and best animation categories.

At the Golden Globes earlier this week, it was named best foreign language film but did not make the animated shortlist.

The film, which recounts a soldier's experiences in 1980s Lebanon, is also up for best foreign language film at the Baftas, alongside Gomorrah.

French film The Class, which scooped the prestigious Palme D'Or at Cannes in May, is among the nine films vying for the Academy Award.

Other countries in contention for the Oscar are Japan, Sweden and Canada.

The Academy Awards ceremony takes place in Los Angeles on 22 February.

:D

Went to see Role Models yesterday afternoon. Chortletastic. A bit of light-hearted fun 7/10.

Went to see The Reader last night. Hmmmm, not bad, but not worth all the hype. A quick shot of Winslet's pussy early on, and a few shots of her tits made up for her poor acting (imo) (I thought the young lad played his part much better than Winslet). 8/10.

Went to see Role Models yesterday afternoon. Chortletastic. A bit of light-hearted fun 7/10.

Went to see The Reader last night. Hmmmm, not bad, but not worth all the hype. A quick shot of Winslet's pussy early on, and a few shots of her tits made up for her poor acting (imo) (I thought the young lad played his part much better than Winslet). 8/10.

Fish finger or full bush?

Slumdog millionaire - thoroughly enjoyable 8/10

Fish finger or full bush?

Slumdog millionaire - thoroughly enjoyable 8/10

It's a side view (really dark pubes) as she (or a fudge double - whatever the fanny equivalent of a body double is?) as she pulls on some stockings. It's a fairly quick shot pretty near the start of the film. Mrs hips missed it, but the trained eye will see it easily :rolleyes:

Seen a couple lately,

In Bruges - WTF? A Comedy? got half way through and binned it.

Transporter 3 - Statham at his best, same old popcorn junk that cant be beat, turn on, switch off your brain and enjoy.

Taken - Quality, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Teeth - Not sure how this B Movie got such a huge release

A History of Violence - Had potential but never really reached any heights

I saw the other Cronenberg/Mortenson effort recently, Eastern Promises. Like History Of Violence, it felt like half a film.

Not the other half of the same film, obviously. Sadly.

I saw the other Cronenberg/Mortenson effort recently, Eastern Promises. Like History Of Violence, it felt like half a film.

Agreed, Eastern Promises could have been a lot better.

On a seperate note, I saw a guy in the changing rooms of my gym with the same star tattoos that the guy gets in the film. No-one ran in and tried to stab him whilst I was there though. Maybe they got him in the jacuzzi*.

*No, that isn't a euphamism.

On a seperate note, I saw a guy in the changing rooms of my gym with the same star tattoos that the guy gets in the film. No-one ran in and tried to stab him whilst I was there though. Maybe they got him in the jacuzzi*.

*No, that isn't a euphamism.

Euphemism? Euphimism?

Fuck it, they didn't try to bum him. Capiche?

The Man Who Fell To Earth - 4/10 Shite. Made no sense and other than a few pairs of tits and a bit minge has nothing to recommend it.

Babyboom - 6/10 Reasonably amusing 80's comedy.

Jacobs Ladder - 7/10 No one does clever but confused better than Tim Robbins.

The Lady Eve - 7/10 Henry Fonda was a great actor but Screwball comedy just isn't for him. Good film none the less and I'm glad to see that Barbara Stannwyk didn't always have the annoying hair do she had in Double Indemnity.

The Thing From Another World - 7/10 The remake with (more claustrphobic, no cliched mad scientist, no daft plant man premise, and Kurt Russell) is superior but this is still a fun 50's Sci Fi.

Max Payne - Being a huge fan of the games, I was looking forward to seeing this yet braced for the worst. Very meh. They've fucked up the story line nice a proper. A few scenes in the final 20 minutes were good, and the photography was class all th way. Otherwise pretty disappointing.

<_<

Jet Li's Hero.

Not a bad film, but I really can't take all the unrealistic fight scenes seriously.

<_< had to chuckle at this comment given your Avatar...

Halloween (orginal obviously) - 8/10 One of Carpenters run of brilliant films. Never falls into the cliche's of the genre and mangages to keep you on the edge of your seat despite the fact the only time Michael attacks before the last half hour is in what is basically the prologue. Excellent stuff.