Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

He's Just Not That Into You

"An unendurable relationship-romcom which you should avoid like Anthrax" writes Peter Bradshaw.

:lol:

I thought I was going to go mad beforehand, I only spotted two other blokes in the packed out cinema and the incessant babbling in the room made it like the largest battery chicken coup in Europe. But I rather enjoyed it in the end. First film I've ever been to where the whole cinema broke into applause a few times.

Big Girls Blouse ;)

"An unendurable relationship-romcom which you should avoid like Anthrax" writes Peter Bradshaw.

I thought I was going to go mad beforehand, I only spotted two other blokes in the packed out cinema and the incessant babbling in the room made it like the largest battery chicken coup in Europe. But I rather enjoyed it in the end. First film I've ever been to where the whole cinema broke into applause a few times.

Big Girls Blouse ;)

"You're my exception"

:yes

Big Girls Blouse :yes

"You're my exception"

:icon_lol:

;):icon_lol:

Are you a lass HF?

Nah, they enjoy Mamma Mia apparently :lol:

I was duped, Joe off Adam and Joe said it was mint.

Deserve all you get for taking notice of that cunt

:suicide:

Adam and Joe are the Ant and Dec of radio. Lovely fellas.

Harsh Times 7/10. The film was ok but lifted by a fantastic performance by Bale.

Burn After Reading 7/10. For some reason the last line lifted the film quite a bit for me. Not one of the Coen's best but I think it might improve with further viewings.

Burn After Reading 7/10. For some reason the last line lifted the film quite a bit for me. Not one of the Coen's best but I think it might improve with further viewings.

I thought it was absolute dirge of the highest order.

Jonny would love it. :lol:

Jonny would love it. :suicide:

The film was just a piss-take man. There was no substance to it at all. Pitt was class though.

Jonny would love it. :suicide:

The film was just a piss-take man. There was no substance to it at all. Pitt was class though.

Aye Pitt was the best thing in it for sure.

Absolute dog shit, filled with characters that's it's near impossible to like, not exactly a good start for a rom-com. Even the gf thought it was shit and that's saying something.

Baraka - a brand new 70mm print presented by one of the producers. Interesting enough when asked about the viability of costs for productions on 70mm dismissed digital alternatives but then admitted to editing on a final cut pro system!!!

The Shock Doctrine - by the same guys that did 'Road to Guantanemo.' After the screening one of the audience during the q&a accused them of making a propaganda film. In some ways he was right, the film speaks at you, actually it literally speaks at you with a voice over for 75 of the 80 minutes. It goes to the extreme using the most horrific images it can to back up its line of thought, Naomi Klein's book/theory, but doesn't offer any insight into questioning her theories - it expects you to take them as gospel. It also targets the wrong market - there is no use convincing the educated middle class that Bush and the like did what they did for ulterior motives, we know that.

Absolute dog shit, filled with characters that's it's near impossible to like, not exactly a good start for a rom-com. Even the gf thought it was shit and that's saying something.

Wor lass thought it was shite too. :suicide:

Finally caught The Devil Wears Prada when it was on pov telly the other day. Wasn't exactly expecting a masterpiece, but I still ended up disappointed by how mundane it all was. I was expecting bitchiness.

Finally caught The Devil Wears Prada when it was on pov telly the other day. Wasn't exactly expecting a masterpiece, but I still ended up disappointed by how mundane it all was. I was expecting bitchiness.

Aye, saw some bits of that. Even Meryl Streep was disappointing in it. I can only imagine how shite the book is.

Saw Davis Guggehheim's 'It might get loud' at it's European premiere, attended by the director and The Edge.

It was ok.

The stories of Jimmy Page, the Edge and Jack White in a guitar lead extravaganza.

I don't know, maybe I'm just jealous as that was the festival's choice for the music doc but things like their kine's were average, there was obviously a huge budget, 5m US I'd guess but not a lot of substance.

It sort of went nowhere other than a jam style cresendo towards the end.

The main thing I got from it is Jimmy and Jack come out of it as complete tossers, the edge less so but maybe that's because we expect him to be anyway.