Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Got Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon for a quid. I've managed to never see it, does it hold up well?

It's champion.

If you want to watch some wuxia films Iron Monkey is the dogs bollocks.

...and Come Drink With Me.

...and Last Hurrah For Chivalry.

One Armed Swordsman and Hero too.

Knight And Day. Fucking awful, would have switched it off had it been on the telly.

More holes in the plot than Swiss cheese, but a fairly enjoyable couple of hours if you leave your brain in the foyer.

And your eyes and ears! There were a few laughs but they were unintentional. And Diaz is starting to look well rough!

Saw Inception tonight and thought it was fairly average.

I felt like all of the characters were a bit underdeveloped- think it would have been interesting to have given more time to Ariande and have her question the ethics of what she was doing (she went along with it a bit easily for my liking seeing as she's meant to be an innocent uni student). Also, it went a bit action movie for me towards the end, would have preferred to have seen a bit more dialogue, although the effects were cool. I supposed it didn't really capture me in the same way that TS3 did, which is still the best film I've seen this year. I love Nolan as a director though, but this film seemed to me a victory of concepts and effects over storytelling and meaningful plot.

If anything, I thought the film needed less Juno.

I think she's a great actress (Hard Candy is one of my favourite films).Would have made more sense to me for the protaganist to be the 'outsider' looking in on this strange new world but I seem to be in a minority there.

Le Serpent

Barely average French thriller about a bloke being framed for crimes he's not commited while divorcing his wife and losing his kids. Really clunky. If you want a good French Thriller stick with Tell No-One or Hidden or 36. All much better.

Taxi Driver

10/10: Can't recommend this better in words, no need for a beep of thanks from the those who haven't seen it.

Edited by Acid

I know this is a film discussion but a mate of mine at work told me to get into the US Office so he lent me seasons 1-5 and i must say Steve Carrell makes it worth watching. He was also brilliant in 40 year old virgin.

i re-watched mike leigh's naked recently too. still dark, still brilliant. 9/10

That is a great film. Somewhat underrated I think as it never seems to get the plaudits some of his other stuff has received.

i re-watched mike leigh's naked recently too. still dark, still brilliant. 9/10

That is a great film. Somewhat underrated I think as it never seems to get the plaudits some of his other stuff has received.

i think it's his best film. david thewlis puts in a stellar performance. nice turn from ewen bremner too. "Maggie!"

Edited by Dr Gloom

Jet Boy

Intriguing lo-fi Canadian movie from the early 2000s that starts with a kid being forced to sell his body to fund his junkie mother's habit and develops into an improbable yet quite lovely road/buddy movie. Suffers a little from Cardboard Character and Cutesy Plot Twist syndromes at various points, but the lead performances more than keep it going. Broadly unavailable, unfortunately, unless you're willing to pay for an eBay knock-off or just download it illegally. :angry: