Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Critics are looking for the wrong things in films tbh. They are aimed at your average joe, who value storyline and action over pacing and the mental space of the audience with regard to genre.

There's not many critics who don't value story.

With the CGI and the the way digital post production is these days, continuity across various \'realities\' isn\'t really that difficult, nor is the positioning of characters, especially if you are adding backdrops later.

The biggest roadblocks to me liking it is the pacing, it has the pacing of an action film yet the canvas of a psychological drama, yet that isn\'t even the biggest flaw is it? Every scene with action loses it\'s potency cause if they die they don\'t really die do they? The apparently just get kicked up or down a level. As I said earlier must have looked good on the page, but it is truly shockingly bad. It looks like a remake of a Hitchcock film as if it were down by the people who do childerens telly where someone has lost a dog or summink.

The CGI in Inception is minor though. Most of the effects were done in camera.

I thought the pacing was incredible. One of the best things about it is that last 45 minutes that just drives on and on

but only covering the 3 or 4 seconds of the van falling

. Incredibly tense. Not because they might die either, but because they might

end up in limbo and wake up as vegetables that want to top themselves.

YOu don't understand pacing and the mental space of the audience with regard to genre.

I can see you really enjoyed it and I don't have a problem with that.

Audiences seem to hate it like.

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

:lol:

He screwed that right up.

It doesn't really concern me what Internet Mongs and the Brain Dead think. They are mostly just passive receivers of 'entertainment' and can't get through a film without 3 bags of popcorn and a blowjob.

On a side note. City of God is good but its not a top 20 movie of all time for me.

Post your top 20 then so we can all have a pop at it :lol:

It changes every week to be honest !

So does their list. I'd put City of God (and plenty of others) ahead of The Shawshank Redemption btw.

That's all that needs to be said about IMBD.

With the CGI and the the way digital post production is these days, continuity across various \'realities\' isn\'t really that difficult, nor is the positioning of characters, especially if you are adding backdrops later.

The biggest roadblocks to me liking it is the pacing, it has the pacing of an action film yet the canvas of a psychological drama, yet that isn\'t even the biggest flaw is it? Every scene with action loses it\'s potency cause if they die they don\'t really die do they? The apparently just get kicked up or down a level. As I said earlier must have looked good on the page, but it is truly shockingly bad. It looks like a remake of a Hitchcock film as if it were down by the people who do childerens telly where someone has lost a dog or summink.

The CGI in Inception is minor though. Most of the effects were done in camera.

I thought the pacing was incredible. One of the best things about it is that last 45 minutes that just drives on and on

but only covering the 3 or 4 seconds of the van falling

. Incredibly tense. Not because they might die either, but because they might

end up in limbo and wake up as vegetables that want to top themselves.

YOu don't understand pacing and the mental space of the audience with regard to genre.

I can see you really enjoyed it and I don't have a problem with that.

Audiences seem to hate it like.

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

:lol:

He screwed that right up.

It doesn't really concern me what Internet Mongs and the Brain Dead think. They are mostly just passive receivers of 'entertainment' and can't get through a film without 3 bags of popcorn and a blowjob.

That's why you can't be trusted. You think you're better than everyone else.

Watching Paranormal Activity over the weekend, canny enough, but not as scary as I'd been told. I love the style of the film though it gives it that realism to it. Canny scary when the lass gets dragged oot of bed and along the corridor though.

Also seen Slumdog Millionaire, absolutely fantastic film, thank fuck I'm English. Bit of a tear jerker like to say the least if you're a lass or a fanny.

I thought it was overrated and canny predictable.

BTW Nicos, Chez, Alex - have you lot seen A Prophet yet?

Not yet. On the Lovefilm list.

Why do you care? :lol:

:)

There is a perfectly watchable version on the usual sources if you're having trouble getting hold of it.

Watching Paranormal Activity over the weekend, canny enough, but not as scary as I'd been told. I love the style of the film though it gives it that realism to it. Canny scary when the lass gets dragged oot of bed and along the corridor though.

Also seen Slumdog Millionaire, absolutely fantastic film, thank fuck I'm English. Bit of a tear jerker like to say the least if you're a lass or a fanny.

I thought it was overrated and canny predictable.

I agree. Massively overrated.

Saw the A Team on the 3rd. Utter nonsense, some dodgy acting it was very enjoyable. It was never going to be an Ang Lee melodrama, profiling the relationships between the characters, and exposing the inner turmoils of ex-servicemen, and I'm glad it wasn't. The original series was silly entertainment, and so was this.

I'd give it 7/10.

A Team was canny but it just had too much to live up to with the old series! I'd probably agree with that rating but I still can't tell Face and Murdoch apart!

The old series is fucking awful if you watch it now mind. It's no Knightrider, put it that way.

The Shootist

John Wayne's last film. Like Unforgiven, it follows a dying outlaw over his last week. I've only seen a few John Wayne films and always thought he was a shite actor. But he's really good in this. James Stewart has a small role in it too. He looks ancient. Hard to believe he lived another 20 years after this was released.

Scott Pilgrim Vs the world

Loved it ! So surreal and just full of quotes, it felt like the mighty boosh on acid.