Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Saw - There will be Blood last night.

Wildly and stupendously overrated. 6/10

Strong central performance.

Badly cut, about 30 min too long and went for too big a canvass which IMO it fell way short of.

the wife is forcing me to watch the proposal this afternoon after the liverpool/gooners match as part of a deal so i could watch sport all weekend. should i be scared? anyone else man enough to admit their missus has forced them to watch it?

the wife is forcing me to watch the proposal this afternoon after the liverpool/gooners match as part of a deal so i could watch sport all weekend. should i be scared? anyone else man enough to admit their missus has forced them to watch it?

Its fucking terrible.

Toy Story 3. Class. Barbie would get it.

The difference in terms of comfort between the geps they give you for normal 3D and the geps they give you for IMAX 3D is huge. I wasn't that keen on seeing it in 3D, but the IMAX glasses make all the difference.

The difference in terms of comfort between the geps they give you for normal 3D and the geps they give you for IMAX 3D is huge. I wasn't that keen on seeing it in 3D, but the IMAX glasses make all the difference.

Which are best for if you wear actual geps! I haven't bothered with a 3D film yet, but when i do i'll need to manage wearing both my glasses and the 3D ones to see it properly?

Which are best for if you wear actual geps! I haven't bothered with a 3D film yet, but when i do i'll need to manage wearing both my glasses and the 3D ones to see it properly?

I would guess IMAX just cos they're bigger - I felt like Mike TV in them today. I wouldn't fancy trying to get them over normal glasses though tbh.

I would guess IMAX just cos they're bigger - I felt like Mike TV in them today. I wouldn't fancy trying to get them over normal glasses though tbh.

Cheers, was just wondering as there's plenty of people who need their glasses for the cinema so wondered what they were doing at 3D films!

:angry:

Going The Distance

Advance preview of a Drew Barrymore rom-com that's out next month. I feared the worst but went along for brownie points since it was free. Wasn't all that bad to be honest. Christina Applegate is my favourite bit of milf of all time so it was good to watch her talk about how much she likes dry humping.

Inception

Really enjoyed it. There's some films (specifically thinking of Shawshank Redemption) that get their endings so fucked up you wonder who makes such idiotic decisions. After Batman, I guess Nolan has the clout to do a brilliant ending like this without interference. Not sure it should have knocked The Good The Bad And The Ugly or Godfather II down a place on the IMDB top 250 like it has, but definitley an instant classic.

Going The Distance

Advance preview of a Drew Barrymore rom-com that's out next month. I feared the worst but went along for brownie points since it was free. Wasn't all that bad to be honest. Christina Applegate is my favourite bit of milf of all time so it was good to watch her talk about how much she likes dry humping.

Inception

Really enjoyed it. There's some films (specifically thinking of Shawshank Redemption) that get their endings so fucked up you wonder who makes such idiotic decisions. After Batman, I guess Nolan has the clout to do a brilliant ending like this without interference. Not sure it should have knocked The Good The Bad And The Ugly or Godfather II down a place on the IMDB top 250 like it has, but definitley an instant classic.

hold the phone...

what's wrong with the shawshank redemption ending? pretty much the same as the book iirc

Going The Distance

Inception

hold the phone...

what's wrong with the shawshank redemption ending? pretty much the same as the book iirc

The book ends...

I hope Andy is down there.

I hope I can make it across the border.

I hope to see my friend and shake his hand.

I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams.

I hope.

There's a scene after that in the film.

Going The Distance

Inception

hold the phone...

The book ends...

I hope Andy is down there.

I hope I can make it across the border.

I hope to see my friend and shake his hand.

I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams.

I hope.

There's a scene after that in the film.

ha, well that's hollywood for you.

Its fucking terrible.

you're not wrong, i managed about 45 minutes of it before i turned to the laptop. wife not happy because i keep talking through it.

The Proposal

Sandra Bullock forces Michael Owen to marry her and goes to meet his parents (Clara Clayton and Coach) and Grandparent (Rose the Golden Girl). Proper wifey film we got free tickets for. I wouldn't say there were laughs in it...a few exhalations of breath at best.

:angry:

fucking chick flicks eh. can't remember a good romcom since when harry met sally. what is it with women having this compulsion to watch such schmulzy rubbish - they're not even funny these days.

Going The Distance

Inception

After that review of Inception Nicos I'm sadly going to have to adjust my list of people who know about films on here.

1 Sloop John

2 Alex

3 Parky

4 2J

5 Meenzer/Chez

6 Acid

7 Dan the Man

8 The fish

9 kevin

10 Happy Face.

Edited by Park Life

Going The Distance

Inception

After that review of Inception Nicos I'm sadly going to have to adjust my list of people who know about films on here.

1 Sloop John

2 Alex

3 Parky

4 2J

5 Meenzer/Chez

6 Acid

7 Dan the Man

8 The fish

9 kevin

10 Happy Face.

I was going to be offended, but you're probably right. (apart from the HF being bottom like) :angry: