Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Got round to watching Pan's Labyrinth. Loved it. I think it was canofbeans who said it was a natural follow-up to 'Spirit of the Beehive' (also excellent) and he's spot on there imo. It's a beautifully poignant film.

Good movie. A mix of brtual gritty war and childrens fantasy. Strange combo.

Got round to watching Pan's Labyrinth. Loved it. I think it was canofbeans who said it was a natural follow-up to 'Spirit of the Beehive' (also excellent) and he's spot on there imo. It's a beautifully poignant film.

Aye, I know what you mean. It just works though, doesn't it? I suppose the fantasy world is a metaphor for the young lass escaping the horrible reality of her home life.

Mr and Mrs Smith and if it wasn't for Jolie giving me the horn everytime she was on screen then it wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in my dvd player.

Awful, awful film. Mind, I'm probably biased as I think Pitt is the most overated actor of this generation. Wooden as fuck.

Mr and Mrs Smith and if it wasn't for Jolie giving me the horn everytime she was on screen then it wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in my dvd player.

Awful, awful film. Mind, I'm probably biased as I think Pitt is the most overated actor of this generation. Wooden as fuck.

"Fucken, condensend me man! I'll fucken kill ya!"

yeah it was and I loved it, truly quite moving at the end as well

definitely better than narnia like :lol:

Still can't past the first twenty minutes of that.

Sweeney Todd. I'm not a massive musical fan and the ones I do like usually have more dialogue than this but I quite enjoyed it. Depp is excellent as ever and his cockney accent has improved since From Hell (it's still pretty poor though) but Alan Rickman and Helena Bonham Carter steal a portion of the film off him. As always with Tim Burton films it looks gorgeous and the violence is pretty grusome (definitely deserving of the 18 rating).

Overall not bad but not one of my favourite Depp or Burton films.

Sweeney Todd. I'm not a massive musical fan and the ones I do like usually have more dialogue than this but I quite enjoyed it. Depp is excellent as ever and his cockney accent has improved since From Hell (it's still pretty poor though) but Alan Rickman and Helena Bonham Carter steal a portion of the film off him. As always with Tim Burton films it looks gorgeous and the violence is pretty grusome (definitely deserving of the 18 rating).

You were staring at her chebs weren't you? :lol:

I'll give it another go on a night when I'm not nodding off by nine (in other words whenever I can get the bairn to sleep a full night).

Yeah, it's pretty slow. Nee good when you're knacked.

You were staring at her chebs weren't you? :lol:

Burton might be in her bad books though; he spent a good while lingering on the non too shabby shirt potatoes of that Joanna lass.

Cloverfield.

Different, yet the same.

I half agree with Happy Face as I think it did play on the fear of terrorism in New York City quite a bit. I'd say you also have to be a certain type of person to enjoy this movie.

Edited by Holden McGroin

The Painted Veil. Worth Enjoyed it. Well-written and acted and beautifully shot (mainly) on location in China. Nice bit of Satie on the soundtrack too.

Closer - Shite film, shite performances (apart from Owen) and no chemistry between any of the characters.

Closer is quality.

I really did want to like it but there was very little there to admire imo (apart from Portman's fine ass).