Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Children of men - I'm amazed tbh best film I've seen in a long time, I've been meaning to watch it since it came out wish I'd give it a watch earlier. The scene where the biker fires on the car was frightening, very well shot scene.

Also Charlie Hunnam singing the blaydon races :aye:

Luke, it was Star Trek

No excuse for the lazy writing.

Red matter ffs.

That was my only real problem with the film, it struck me as something that would have been pencilled in during a rough draft of the screenplay:

"hhmm what can we call this stuff ?? lets call it Red matter for now and we'll change it when we can think of a credible name for it".

Luke, it was Star Trek

No excuse for the lazy writing.

Red matter ffs.

That was my only real problem with the film, it struck me as something that would have been pencilled in during a rough draft of the screenplay:

"hhmm what can we call this stuff ?? lets call it Red matter for now and we'll change it when we can think of a credible name for it".

I didn't like the plot at all. You've assembled a fantastic cast, got some great dialogue in, great special effects, great legacy to build on, so why create such a daft plot which was needlessly complex and full of paradoxes? Why didn't they just go and kick the shit out of some aliens instead? That would have done it for me.

24hr Party People.

Great film about Tony Wilson, Factory, The Hacienda and 'The Manchester Scene' from the late 70's onwards. Steve Coogan was fantastic as Wilson.

Feel like watching it again straight away. 8.5/10 (not as much music as I thought there would be)

Anything For Her - French film about a bloke who breaks his (innocent) wife out of jail. Got a bit silly towards the end but a good no-brainer of a film.

Bug - Two people in a motel room, get bitten to buggery by flesh-hungry aphids, which only they can see. I don't want to spoil the ending, but the bloke is a paranoid schizophrenic, and this dozy bint believes him, and they end up setting eachother on fire. Shit, gaping holes in the narrative, and gratuitous gore. Would rather watch Hostel.

The Hangover. 8/10

Best new comedy I've seen in ages. Zack Galifinakis + The Dan Band = Win

Felon

Val Kilmer is always great and I love prison films. 7.5/10

Reminds you about the good ol' days and deliberately dropping the soap in the showers, eh?

The Asphalt Jungle 8/10. Classic work from John Huston & Sterling Hayden.

Manhatten Murder Mystery 9/10. My favourite Allen film (although I've only seen about five) mainly because it seems to have more of a plot than the others.

The Hangover. 8/10

Best new comedy I've seen in ages. Zack Galifinakis + The Dan Band = Win

Felon

Val Kilmer is always great and I love prison films. 7.5/10

Reminds you about the good ol' days and deliberately dropping the soap in the showers, eh?

I'll be your Tobias, if you'll be my Schillinger.

x

The Asphalt Jungle 8/10. Classic work from John Huston & Sterling Hayden.

Manhatten Murder Mystery 9/10. My favourite Allen film (although I've only seen about five) mainly because it seems to have more of a plot than the others.

"I forbid you to go. I'm forbidding!... Is that what you do when I'm forbidding?"

B)

Goal 3. Straight to Dvd B)

pm me if you want a stream of it

Don't fucking bother ! What a train-wreck of a film, straight to DVD, surprised it didn't go straight to VHS, suddenly it's turned into Green Street, no Anna Friel, no "Gavin Harris", and as for that scene at the England match with Mike Ashley in his toon shirt with Paul Kelmsley, I nearly vomited.