Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Just put Pale Rider on.

You've got to love The Preacher like. ;)

:rolleyes:

The Illusionist. Thought it was quite good, not amazing or anything but worth a watch. Norton usually is though. And Max Branning's in it :)

Just put Pale Rider on.

You've got to love The Preacher like. ;)

:rolleyes:

The Illusionist. Thought it was quite good, not amazing or anything but worth a watch. Norton usually is though. And Max Branning's in it :)

Thoroughly enjoyed the Illusionist, big fan of Norton though

Volver

Absoloutley gorgeous greens and reds. Ten minutes in I thought it was going to be dull but nice to look at, then it took an almost Hitchcockian turn. Don't want to spoil any of it for anyone by describing how many times I was wrong footed, but it's a superb film that flew by. I'm going to watch it again with the commentary on.

One last thing. I want Penelope Cruz to have my babies. ;)

Volver

Absoloutley gorgeous greens and reds. Ten minutes in I thought it was going to be dull but nice to look at, then it took an almost Hitchcockian turn. Don't want to spoil any of it for anyone by describing how many times I was wrong footed, but it's a superb film that flew by. I'm going to watch it again with the commentary on.

I thought 'Volver' was class too. Have you seen 'All About My Mother' btw?

Volver

Not yet, but I ordered this after watching Volver...

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProduct...&sku=336531

Volver

Not yet, but I ordered this after watching Volver...

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProduct...&sku=336531

My review of 'talk to her'

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...&pid=302485

The Host - Canny film. Top effects. Except for the finale. But considering it only cost $11M, it looks fantastic.

MF Doom Food Drive tour dvd - Shit camerawork & shit sound make it a disappointment, but the bloke's a legend. Seeing his rotund figure attempt some kung Fu on stage is hilarious. And he's an awesome rapper.

See the Bourne Ultimatum is getting rave reviews, trip to the flics for that i think

I'll be off to see that later in the week, will have to watch the first two movies first as a refresher.

See the Bourne Ultimatum is getting rave reviews, trip to the flics for that i think

I'll be off to see that later in the week, will have to watch the first two movies first as a refresher.

I'm not really a fan of the flics since i got caught wanking off in the Odeon to Basic Instinct II but my bans up now so I think I'll make the effort to go and see this.

Transformers (with spoilers)

There's a prologue at the start of this film, to lay the foundations for people like me who weren't fans of the cartoons. Actually, I don't know if it's faithful to the cartoons or not, but this prologue says something about a planet being uninhabitable and a cube called a 'spark'. I'll be honest, I was confused. But I presumed all would be explained. Problem is, it wasn't.

An hour in I still couldn't see why any character was doing a single thing they did. Another half hour and my confusion was at overload. Why didn't the kid tell his dad there were robots in the garden? Why were the subtitles in autobot (or deceptacon) before translating to English? What was the name of any robot other than Optimus Prime? Am I supposed to be able to tell them apart? What's going on? Is that collection of rotating bits of metal the only baddie? He is more irritating than Jar Jar Binks, so that's pretty scary. Why do they want a map that was created 70 years ago, to a cube that's since been moved? If we got all our technology from the robots, why did they come 'to harness our technology against us'? Why must everything spin around so much? Why's that computer nerd girl and her fat, black mate in the film?

As the film strode into its second hour I had lost any capability I might once have had for rational thought. It didn't matter that Optimus Prime held two humans in his hand one minute, then in another a pair of spectacles were similarly proportioned, who cares about perspective when you can fly a plane into a tall building. Hang on; they didn't do that did they? Christ! An actual plane into a sky scraper. My mind was so numb I never thought about it at the time. In fact it's coming back to me now. The main catchphrase in the film is ''Sacrifice leads to victory" or something like that. Holy shit! It’s Al Quaeda propaganda. They're promoting the suicide bomber mantra. I thought it was bad, but I've come to the realisation that it's actually evil. It has a terrorist agenda and it's indoctrinating all who see it by stripping them of any will to think straight, then hitting home the dodgy ideology.

This film isn't just the shittest film of all time (though it is the shittest), it's a scourge on mankind and should be banned as facilitator in the war of terror being waged on the west.

I'm not really a fan of the flics since i got caught wanking off in the Odeon to Basic Instinct II but my bans up now so I think I'll make the effort to go and see this.

You got caught touching your pric at the flics? What a dic.

Transformers (with spoilers)

There's a prologue at the start of this film, to lay the foundations for people like me who weren't fans of the cartoons. Actually, I don't know if it's faithful to the cartoons or not, but this prologue says something about a planet being uninhabitable and a cube called a 'spark'. I'll be honest, I was confused. But I presumed all would be explained. Problem is, it wasn't.

An hour in I still couldn't see why any character was doing a single thing they did. Another half hour and my confusion was at overload. Why didn't the kid tell his dad there were robots in the garden? Why were the subtitles in autobot (or deceptacon) before translating to English? What was the name of any robot other than Optimus Prime? Am I supposed to be able to tell them apart? What's going on? Is that collection of rotating bits of metal the only baddie? He is more irritating than Jar Jar Binks, so that's pretty scary. Why do they want a map that was created 70 years ago, to a cube that's since been moved? If we got all our technology from the robots, why did they come 'to harness our technology against us'? Why must everything spin around so much? Why's that computer nerd girl and her fat, black mate in the film?

As the film strode into its second hour I had lost any capability I might once have had for rational thought. It didn't matter that Optimus Prime held two humans in his hand one minute, then in another a pair of spectacles were similarly proportioned, who cares about perspective when you can fly a plane into a tall building. Hang on; they didn't do that did they? Christ! An actual plane into a sky scraper. My mind was so numb I never thought about it at the time. In fact it's coming back to me now. The main catchphrase in the film is ''Sacrifice leads to victory" or something like that. Holy shit! It’s Al Quaeda propaganda. They're promoting the suicide bomber mantra. I thought it was bad, but I've come to the realisation that it's actually evil. It has a terrorist agenda and it's indoctrinating all who see it by stripping them of any will to think straight, then hitting home the dodgy ideology.

This film isn't just the shittest film of all time (though it is the shittest), it's a scourge on mankind and should be banned as facilitator in the war of terror being waged on the west.

:lol:

you really took it that seriously? jayzus, just go along for the ride!

It's kinda faithful to the cartoon... but it doesn't matter

It was explained, but it's not a very difficult concept to dissect so maybe you missed it with all the effects and self congratulatory shmoltz, but it the end the plot doesn't matter

I thought it was pretty clear why the Autobots were after the Spark, I thought it was clear why Bumblebee (in particular) was trying to protect Sam... it was obvious why the soldiers were running away from, then fighting the huge robot invaders, why the Decepticons were after the cube, why the government hired the blonde girl to decipher the origin of the "hack" and why she sought out the fat bloke, why the .... the list goes on but it doesn't matter.

Maybe the Kid didn't tell his Dad because it's pretty safe assumption that if you are trying to hide a giant robotic car from the authorities, your dad is likely to side with "the Man"

The subtitles were surely a device to emphasise the fact these machines didn't come from Earth and are alien, but it doesn't matter

Barricade, Bonecrusher, Starscream, Soundwave, Megatron, Ironhide, Jazz, off the top my head, but it doesn't matter

yes, you are supposed to be able to tell the difference between a big red robot and a big yellow robot..

I wonder, did you critique Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles so profoundly?

it's a pop corn action flick mate, you really shouldn't get this het up

maybe go lie down in a dark room for a bit?

you really took it that seriously? jayzus, just go along for the ride!

You really took his post that seriously? Jayzus etc. :nufc:

You really took my post... this could go on forever really couldn't it? :yes

I was just emphasising how ridiculous his reaction was. :lol: