Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Bringing Out The Dead

What an absoloutley fantastic film. Never bothered myself with it because I'd always been led to believe it wasn't one of Scorsese's best, but it shits all over his recent output. It's his leanest film in the last 20 years clocking in right on the two hour mark, and I think he should get back to being this succinct. All his Oscar chasing fodder like the Aviator and Gangs of New York that push three hours are flabby and without energy. This is as full of adrenaline as Mean Streets or Raging Bull.

The Soundtrack is excellent, when Janie Jones kicked in the hairs on my neck went up. It's hilariously funny ("I swear to god you'd better hold this or I won't kill you!" :D ), whilst also being unflinchingly bleak. It's very reminiscent of Taxi Driver (Paul Schrader screenwrote both), without ever feeling like a rehash, in fact the freshness of the camerawork belies the fact that Scorsese was entering his 4th decade as a director at the time.

Far too underrated, the fact it got no Oscar nominations in the year Shakespeare in Love cleaned up just confirms it as a classic.

And just £3.89

I found that completely unwatchable.

A Very Long Engagement (with audrey tautou) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0344510/

042oz4.th.jpg

What did you think of A Very Long Engagement? It's one of the best foreign films I've seen.

Its a very good film. Love the Directors work - shame hes not more prolific. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000466/

Even Alien 4 has its good points (though most will tell you its shite).

From your review

There were some things to enjoy

:icon_lol:

Difficult to remember stuff you've copied and pasted from Empire in fairness :D

Fuck off!

Empire FFS.

Sight and Sound, please.

Misery

Had never seen it before, loved it.

Sledgehammer Vs Ankles = :icon_lol:

Shame that doesn't happen in the book really. :D

Really dislike that film as I absolutely loved the book. Barely follows it at all.

Doesn't she chop his feet off with an axe and then cauterise the wounds with a blowtorch in the book ?

Misery

Really dislike that film as I absolutely loved the book. Barely follows it at all.

Doesn't she chop his feet off with an axe and then cauterise the wounds with a blowtorch in the book ?

Does indeed.

Runs over a policeman with a lawnmower as well. Not body them with a shotgun.

Misery

I think it's quality. Most films barely follow the book they're based but it doesn't stop them being good.

Bourne Supremecy

Great Film :mellow:

Well, apart from one thing, when it comes up with the destinations, example, Moscow, Russia; London, England; Berlin Germany, then New York City, New York :s

I highly recommend The Bourne Ultimatum, superb movie.

Bourne Supremecy

Great Film :mellow:

Well, apart from one thing, when it comes up with the destinations, example, Moscow, Russia; London, England; Berlin Germany, then New York City, New York :s

I highly recommend The Bourne Ultimatum, superb movie.

Aye, I shall be going this week marra :razz: