Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

David Lean's Oliver Twist. Harmless anti-semitic fun.

It's good but his version of 'Great Expectations' is better.

Agreed. Got that too like. 3 dvd boxed set for a tenner: Great Expectations/Oliver Twist/Tale of Two Cities

Agreed. Got that too like. 3 dvd boxed set for a tenner: Great Expectations/Oliver Twist/Tale of Two Cities

Excellent purchase. Where'd you get it?

Hideous Kinky. Kate Winslet plays a young mother who escapes London to 'find' herself in Marrakech with her two daughters. Decent low-budget British film that I got free with Sunday Times a while ago.

Did she get her tits out?

I thought you meant Nancy before the edit. Yes, briefly.

Winslett's boobs were a triumph in Titanic. Think she's a bit ropey generally like.

HMV yesterday. It's the usual pre-xmas price meltdown. Went in, got a few bargains but still ended up at the till parting with nigh on seventy quid. :nufc:

HMV yesterday. It's the usual pre-xmas price meltdown. Went in, got a few bargains but still ended up at the till parting with nigh on seventy quid. :nufc:

:razz: Isn't it always the way? I must disagree re: Winslet btw. I think she's lush.

superb turn by dustin hoffam as ratso rizzo

:nufc:

When they go on about class actors it always comes down to quiet-shouty Pacino or gurning De Niro, but Hoffmann never gets any credit.

Midnight Cowboy

Tootsie

Marathon Man

The Graduate

Kramer Vs Kramer

All The President's Men

Lenny

Papillon

Straw Dogs

He's immense in them all. Not only that but he's been in the 2 greatest comedies of our lifetime, The Simpsons AND Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Kudos

:razz:

When they go on about class actors it always comes down to quiet-shouty Pacino or gurning De Niro, but Hoffmann never gets any credit.

Midnight Cowboy

Tootsie

Marathon Man

The Graduate

Kramer Vs Kramer

All The President's Men

Lenny

Papillon

Straw Dogs

He's immense in them all. Not only that but he's been in the 2 greatest comedies of our lifetime, The Simpsons AND Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Kudos

Agree btw, Hoffmeister is a legend. Performances range from compelling and definitive in the above roles and stoop no lower than 'eminently watchable' in others

:razz:

Midnight Cowboy

Tootsie

Marathon Man

The Graduate

Kramer Vs Kramer

All The President's Men

Lenny

Papillon

Straw Dogs

Kudos

Agree btw, Hoffmeister is a legend. Performances range from compelling and definitive in the above roles and stoop no lower than 'eminently watchable' in others

He likes to get a running/jogging scene in as well.

He likes to get a running/jogging scene in as well.

That's the famous story from Marathon Man innit. He goes for a run round the block and Larry Olivier asks "What you deein?", Hoffman says "I've got to be out of breath in this next scene", so Larry has a good giggle at him and says "try acting dear boy".

Hoffman still makes the odd good film which sets him apart from the other two anarl [/controversial]

I watched half of Ocean's Thirteen on the flight back from India. I was halfway through a journey that in total lasted 26 hours. I'd just spent 6 hours in Mumbai's shit tip of an airport and I had a horrible saw throat.

But that film really pissed me off.

Talk Radio. Oliver Stone film about a Dallas shock-jock. Enjoyed it, worth a watch.

Good film that. Love his hairdo in the flashbacks an all.

Brian May :nufc: