Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Joyeux Noel, after Happy Face's recommendation. It's about the Christmas truce in 1914. Thought it was okay but the romantic subplot was awfully tacked on and far fetched. Why do they always have to ruin films this way?

because women are stupid ;)

Joyeux Noel, after Happy Face's recommendation. It's about the Christmas truce in 1914. Thought it was okay but the romantic subplot was awfully tacked on and far fetched. Why do they always have to ruin films this way?

because women are stupid :lol:

I know, it was a rhetorical qustion!

Grey Gardens

After watching Salesman last week, I thought I'd follow up with another Maysles documentary. Didn't like it as much but it's still very good. Apparently it's a bit of a gay cult film and I can see why. It's got a lot of Whatever Happened To Baby Jane about it. It follows a reclusive mother and daughter whose home is worse than the one in Fight Club (they feed the vermin :lol: )as they tear each other apart and blame each other for their own regrets in life.

Taking Liberties

Documentary that highlights each of the civil liberties that Tony Blair's government have taken away and which Gordon Brown continues to. It's cheap and nasty and it's old news but it's an inspiration and a shocking case against the introduction of ID cards. Even if you already know every case mentioned, the wealth of stories compiled here is heartbreaking in making it's case that Britain is becoming a police state, but it's also positive that the people can stop it. I cried a few times.

because women are stupid B)

I know, it was a rhetorical qustion!

What kind of Prick asks a rhetorical question in a thread like this?!

:lol:

American Gangster, dont know if it is cinemas yet but it is a cracker of a movie. Based on a true story of an American drug lord during the 1960s in the city of Harlem and the story of how one cop tried to get on top of the racket. Pretty long, 2 hours and 35 minutes or so but well worth the viewing time if you get the chance to get your hands on a copy...

American Gangster, dont know if it is cinemas yet but it is a cracker of a movie. Based on a true story of an American drug lord during the 1960s in the city of Harlem and the story of how one cop tried to get on top of the racket. Pretty long, 2 hours and 35 minutes or so but well worth the viewing time if you get the chance to get your hands on a copy...

Breaking Away, last night, very inspirational to a drunk man on the eve of xmas.

Are you always drunk? :lol:

Pretty much. B)

I passed out yesterday after an estimated haul of 2 pints, 3 shots, 2 glasses of wine and 15 cans from noon. Even had to start on the bitter as the lager ran out. An opened can with two gobfulls drank out of it was here this morning. Tis the season! If you had the family and the christma presents that I have, you would too.

Went to see I Am Legend. Further away from the book than I expected, but still a very enjoyable film. Without giving anything away, I think he had done a very good job at giving the feeling of emotion due to the lack of narrative. If you bundle it in with the 28 days later style of film, then Id say it comes out on top.