Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Midnight in Paris. Wilson's Californian slacker/writer plays out better than Allen's usual uptight east coast jewish intellectual. Not what i was expecting but good.

Looked lush on me new blu ray too.

Saw it on Sunday and loved it. Very tidy film and subtly funny in the right amounts. I enjoyed Brody's cameo as Dali too.

I like when Owen Wilson is cast in that sort of role as I think he's brilliant in this sort of comedy. Reminded me a lot of Darjeeling Limited (one of the best films i saw for the first time this year). Shame for every Midnight in Paris there are about 4 Marmaduke-esque films he stars in.

Pirates of the Carribean 4

Whatever you (or kermode) think of the Pirates series the music is bloody brilliant. Thought it was better than 2 or 3 but not as good as 1.

Terrible movie. I loved 1 but they've all been shite after that.

Whatever you (or kermode) think of the Pirates series the music is bloody brilliant. Thought it was better than 2 or 3 but not as good as 1.

I didn't like 1 that much, I don't go into a Bruckheimer production expecting to be entertained, but while not as passable as 1, it was nowhere near as excrutiating as 2 & 3....which in turn, were a pleasure compared to Transformers.

Watched Paranormal Activity 3 over the weekend, was easily better than 2 (which isn't hard) and probably just edged the first one in terms of jumps. Was disappointed with the ending, but all in all was pretty watchable.

I didn't like 1 that much, I don't go into a Bruckheimer production expecting to be entertained, but while not as passable as 1, it was nowhere near as excrutiating as 2 & 3....which in turn, were a pleasure compared to Transformers.

It's beyond excruciating if you've done research into maritime history and the legacy of Blackbeard in the 1700s.

It's beyond excruciating if you've done research into maritime history and the legacy of Blackbeard in the 1700s.

I haven't

Midnight in Paris. Wilson's Californian slacker/writer plays out better than Allen's usual uptight east coast jewish intellectual. Not what i was expecting but good.

I really enjoyed it as well.

There's some class lines in it as well.

"I see a Rhino"..

I really enjoyed it as well.

There's some class lines in it as well.

"I see a Rhino"..

What amazed me most about it was to have that much footage of Paris and not one piece of shit grafitti. Remarkable.

The pirate films are shit, but when you're watching skeletons having swordfights, you really shouldn't be wasting your time trying to look for historical accuracy.

When you're considering Blackbeard's death is actually mentioned near the start only to be completely glossed over and then for voodoo to be thrown in for good measure, i'd argue you'd be quite right to be pissed off at the shoddy script. Why include arguably the most famous pirate of all time only to not use him properly? There's so much scope for a character yet they managed to make him one dimensional.

Dreadful movie and the end sets it up for another hateful sequel.

Thor - Enjoyable enough but with all comic book movies, the daftness is off the scale

something you have to just accept I think, Capt America takes the daftness to a whole new level but because it doesn't try to gloss it over or make it "gritty" the film ends up being a lot better off for it

Brock, if you went in expecting a period piece, then I'm afraid the joke's on you. :razz:

The moment the film mentioned Blackbeard's zombie crew, I wanted to keelhaul whoever wrote such an appallingly galling and bland script.

Dullsville.

The pirate films are shit, but when you're watching skeletons having swordfights, you really shouldn't be wasting your time trying to look for historical accuracy.

:D

A lad at work was having a go at the Zombies running up stairs In the Walking Dead today.

Saw Tintin last night.

Really enjoyed it. Spielburg went all out Indiana Jones for this one, and the action scenes were mostly superb (the seaplane through a thunderstorm bit was a little too cartoony). The bike chase was fantastic though and the animation throughout is some of the best I've seen.

One or two things spoiled it a little for me. The main thing was Andy Serkis getting cast as Haddock. The man can only do Gollum and it's really grating.

The bit at the end where he finds the treasure and places his ancestor's hat upon his head; I could've sworn he was about to hiss "my preciousssss"

I don't think Captain Haddock in the film is a fair portrayal of how I remember him from the comics and cartoons. Typical Hollywood casting someone who isn't scottish for a scottish accent part.

Also I saw it in 3D. Did what I always do when I get scammed into seeing a 3D film; I took the glasses off at intervals to see how little difference it made. What a load of shite. See it in 2D and save yourself a few quid.

Definitely worth a look if you're a Tintin fan and don't mind Captain Haddock being portrayed as Gollum. 7.5/10