Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Paul - Alien japes.

Super 8 - Alien japes

The Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Ape Japes

The ides of March - A power struggle in the Democratic primaries reveals the lack of integrity at the heart of US politics and in doing so passes comment on the disappointment felt when US voters realised Obama was just another politician. No apes, japes or aliens though.

You boys need to check out 'Drive'.

Best film I've seen this year.

Saw it yesterday.

Loved it ... love those slow-burn, hard-as-nails crime stories.

Reminded me of the best of Jim Thompson's nasty little stories of petty, dirty crime.

Fantastic film

I thought it was shite and totally misrepresent ed by the trailer.

Warrior is easily the best film this year imo

agreed, thought it was shite also...

Living in the Material World, on the beeb.

I'd read a review before I watched it that had the following criticisms: not enough focus on the music, not impartial (produced by Scorcese and Harrison's widow), and perhaps not warranted, as Harrison was not a compelling enough figure.

With that in mind I sat through. There was minimal focus on George's musicianship, a few comments here and there. Reference was made to Konokol (the Indian system of rhythm) on more than one occasion, but it was just referred to as 'this Indian rhythm stuff' that George obviously explored and used in his songwriting after meeting Ravi Shankar. The film focused on how this creative person developed and grew during his life, and for the first time I felt like I really got what the Beatles were about. A great example of the positive affects of hallucinogenic drugs.

Just watched Melancholia. What a great way to set myself up for a weekend. Fuck me, think I'll go read some of the bairns Mr Men books to try and cheer myself the fuck up!

For no apparent reason I decided to download and skim through The Human Centipede at the weekend.

I thought the scene where he explains to his victims what he's going to do was probably the "best" bit in it and a bit thought provoking in a "I'll bet there are psychos out there who would really do that" kind of way.

Not sure why but even just skimming through it sort of disturbed me quite a lot - just something about it got to me.

Did the husbandly thing and went to see the new twilight with the Mrs. One of the most fucked up films I've seen. Highlights include a vampire eating a baby out of someone's stomach and a grown man having the hots for a baby. I shit you not. Add in the nods to anorexia and domestic abuse and the fact kids of all ages can go to see this and I suspect its only a matter of time til people start kicking off about this film!