Jimbo

You're gonna buy it to watch? :unsure:

172443[/snapback]

Yes. :icon_lol:

172472[/snapback]

Fool. :icon_lol:

172479[/snapback]

You missed out the 'I Pity The' from that line. :blush:

Lock Stock and Snatch are both good films in their own right but what they have led to in British cinema is the problem.

172491[/snapback]

Haven't even seen 'Snatch' tbh. Thought the former was just a bit rubbish really. Totally unconvincing. On second thoughts I don't 'hate' it. Just thought it was dead cheesy. Stuff like 'Sexy Beast' is much better imo.

I never finished watching Sexy Beast but I did enjoy what I saw of it. Kingsley was immense.

Lock Stock is unconvincing but I also find it very stylish and humerous and I enjoy the way it all comes together in the end.

Snatch is actually better but it feels a bit like it's just going over the same ground as Lock Stock but with more money.

Watched 'Bagdad Cafe' last night. A bit weird like. Had some great scenes interspersed with some rather dodgy ones (not least the singing dancing ones). Rather weird, I wasn't quite sure what to make of it tbh. An enjoyable enough 90 mins or so though. Jack Pallance was good in it too.

Saw Triple X 2.. Such a cheesy movie it's unbelievable

173486[/snapback]

The first one actually made me change my methods of picking movies, it scarred me.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose. 

Jesus wept tbh.  An absolute pile.

173785[/snapback]

You expected anything less ?

173785[/snapback]

You expected anything less ?

173790[/snapback]

More hope than expectation tbh. I expected it to be mindless fluff, but I didn't expect it to be as poor as that. I didn't give a shit whether she died or the priest got found guilty or innocent.

Wacky, don't bother mate.

173785[/snapback]

Oh, I also watched Super Size Me and The Exorcism of Emily Rose last night.  The former left me craving a sausage and egg McMuffin (despite it's conclusion) whilst the latter was more enjoyable than I thought it would be.  Nice to have a storyline rather than just horror for horror's sake..

116937[/snapback]

Watched it the neet. Was canny enough. Fairly disconcerting that Tom Wilkinson was doing an impression of Hannibal Lector with his accent though. And every major event seemed to be telegraphed 5 minutes before it happened too. But there you are.

There's a German version of the story too. It's called Requiem and concentrates more on the girl, than the priest and the resulting case. Emily Rose is based on Anneliese Michel, a German woman who died in the 70's.

Anyhow, here's the trailer...

http://www.blairwitch.de/trailer/x_requiem.mov

A UK release isn't scheduled yet :)

120256[/snapback]

Still no UK release planned though.

173785[/snapback]

Oh, I also watched Super Size Me and The Exorcism of Emily Rose last night.  The former left me craving a sausage and egg McMuffin (despite it's conclusion) whilst the latter was more enjoyable than I thought it would be.  Nice to have a storyline rather than just horror for horror's sake..

116937[/snapback]

Watched it the neet. Was canny enough. Fairly disconcerting that Tom Wilkinson was doing an impression of Hannibal Lector with his accent though. And every major event seemed to be telegraphed 5 minutes before it happened too. But there you are.

There's a German version of the story too. It's called Requiem and concentrates more on the girl, than the priest and the resulting case. Emily Rose is based on Anneliese Michel, a German woman who died in the 70's.

Anyhow, here's the trailer...

http://www.blairwitch.de/trailer/x_requiem.mov

A UK release isn't scheduled yet :)

120256[/snapback]

Still no UK release planned though.

173813[/snapback]

Aye, I had a look on Wikipedia about the original story. It pisses me off when they put stuff about what the "true life" characters did at the end of the movie, when in actual fact the characters are completely fictional.

I thought the film was poor though, mate. I was on here ten minutes before the end and had to rewind it to check what the court verdict was, it was so uninspiring.

Reet, on my Screenselect recommendations, it's telling me that I would like

Birth

Dogville

Stander

..and a load of Woody Allen stuff.

The Woody Allen stuff I'm ok with, but are the other three any good or is Screenselect mocking me?

Reet, on my Screenselect recommendations, it's telling me that I would like

Birth

Dogville

Stander

..and a load of Woody Allen stuff.

The Woody Allen stuff I'm ok with, but are the other three any good or is Screenselect mocking me?

175332[/snapback]

I loved Dogville. Thought it was brilliant. Can understand others hating it though.

Hope this helps :D

Is it artsy and boring though? Not taking the piss but it sounds like it might be. Sometimes I add stuff like that to my list then when it arrives I think "WTF did you put that on there for?!" I don't want to make that mistake. :D